( flash back Armin POV)

* recommend listening to the song "time adventure"-slowed on SoundCloud.

My eyes darted straight towards her as it did for years and years, as me and Annie had been childhood friends for years. Her bright smile that warmed my heart. I remember middle school her holding my hand when I was have trouble finding myself. 
It made my heart ache for her knowing she would always see me as friend.
Freshman of  high school she found herself and partner, I sat back and watch from afar knowing all I wanted to do was make her mine. Senior year prom when I confessed. She looked at me as if she saw a monster, as she rejected me with out thought. I smiled faintly as tears drops fell gracefully down my right cheek .
As her presence started to disappear into the shadow. The day after that you came up to me and told me to forget about that night I agreed quickly I couldn't bear to leave your side. I remember the bell rang and the crowd took you away, a soft presence spoke to me ... it was Pieck a girl that look like a goddess with a mole on the upper right side of her cheek, she gave my comfort when you weren't there . By then I realized that I knew I loved you , but I couldn't find where that love was. My heart ? My soul ? Or maybe... after all this time it was an illusion in my head, I guess this is why the say love is an illusion.