The invitation

[ Xiao's POV ]

It was a normal day, sitting in class. I sigh, "Hrm.. can't wait for this day to be over." The bell suddenly rings, I shake a bit. "Geez, so sudden.. spoke too soon myself." I stand up from my desk, as I was about to leave a warm hand touched my shoulder. "What do you want?" I ask coldly, I didn't want human interaction right now. As I turn my head I see a short petite girl, her light mint hair and brown glasses took me to realize it was Sucrose. "Uhm.. I just wanted to know if you wanted to.." She was interrupted by a boy with braids, it was Venti. "To the most amazing sleepover you'll ever experience in your whole life time!!" Venti yelled, a bit over exaggerating. Sucrose screamed, "OH- oh sorry.. but yes, we're having a sleepover. Everyone is coming, would you like to come ?" I thought for a while, I didn't really want to come, but I'll just give it a try. I needed friends anyway. I sighed, "Fine. I'll come." Venti and Sucrose were surprised, like it's been the first time in forever. The short braided boy who was an inch taller than me smiled. "Alrighty then! This particular sleepove- ahem I mean this sleepover should be worth it !!" Sucrose nodded, she was quite happy herself. I just stared at them in disbelief, are they serious? I'm not that introverted. Hopefully it's worth it, if it's not then I'll just be filled with regret. It hit me, "If everyone's coming.. that means Hu tao's coming.. also everyone else I think is anno-" My thoughts were interrupted by a girl with chocolate brown hair and a crimson red flower in it. "Heheeeee! Are you coming to the sleepoverrrrr??" I grumble, "Yeah.. why do you-" Interruptions, great. "YAAAY !! That's amazing !!! It's been like forever since you went to a sleepover !!" Hu tao exclaimed as she raised her hands into the air. It was true, Hu tao would pick on me saying I was too tired and grumpy all the time, but it wasn't always like that. I nodded, unsure of how to reply to that. A small, old teacher came to us, she had gray hair and smiled brightly, it was Teacher Ping. It was a build up, a sweet girl that wouldn't hurt a fly, an exaggerating boy with braids, a chaotic girl that would prank you every second of the year, and an old teacher that could be 10,000 years old. The old bent teacher said, "Please move out of the way, and get ready to go home." Hu tao and Venti smiled and said to me, "You better be there !" It was so in sync that they could be identical twins. They both walked off into the hallway till Venti stopped in his tracks and came back, he asked, "Hey, I need your number !" I just gave him a slip of paper which had my number in it. I was practically ready for anything, but this. Venti hesitated and took the piece of paper from my hand. "Thanks ! I'll pick you up when it starts !" I gave a waved goodbye to the braided boy before walking away. I open the door to the outside, the warm breeze of the evening air was welcoming. I heavily sigh, "It's beautiful outside." As I walk back to my house the birds chirp as the sky falls into a dark purplish blue. The stars in the sky were shining brightly. I arrive to my destination and opened the door, I walked inside. The dark hallway was pitch black, until I turned the light on. I set my backpack down near the front door. I close the front door, then walked into the kitchen. I sit down in one of the seats as I turn my phone on, I look at my notifications.

Venti at 5:23 pm: Hey !! Don't forget to bring what you need !! I'll pick you up so you better come!
I sigh, not replying to his text. I ponder, 'Is it really worth it ? I told them I'd come but what if I don't?' I should come, wait- I'm over thinking i-' I shake my head, "I'll just go, I don't want them to get upset on Monday." I stand up, going to my room and packing my stuff. As I packed my things another notification popped up. I didn't even bother to look, because I knew it was Venti, probably. I looked at my phone, instead of Venti it was the prankster, Hu tao.

Hu tao at 6:34 pm: ARE YOU THERE YETTTT ?? It's starting soooooooonnnnnn 🕺🏻
I shrugged as I reply with a simple: "yes." Then I pick my phone and sky blue backpack up. I walk to the kitchen as I opened the fridge, taking my almond tofu out. A notification appeared on my phone, again. It was from the airhead cheerful wannabe, Venti.
Venti at 6:42 pm: AYAYYA I'm hererererwrsrejdjehdjbd-
A sudden beep came from the dark outdoors. I pack my almond tofu into my backpack. I ponder to myself, 'If Xiangling's coming then that means her food-' I shudder at the thought. Slime and chilies, topped off with apples, gross. I go to the front door, opening it. There's a dark blue atmosphere as the chilled cool air blew against my face. I look at Venti, who was on a light mint blue bicycle. I stare at Venti in disbelief as he waved his arms in excitement. I couldn't help but ask, "Are you sure we're using the bicycle ?" Venti looked down at the mint bicycle and back at me, "Yeah ! What's wrong with it ?" I shake my head, "Never mind, let's just go." I walk towards Venti and the bicycle, then I realized that there was only one seat. "Ehehe, sorry about that ! Well you could always hang o-" Venti was interrupted by me, I just sat down on the possible place to sit at and I just held on to Venti. "Just go already." I mumble, this was kinda awkward since Venti was stunned, but he nodded as the both of us headed over to Aether's house. As Venti biked towards Aether's house, I could notice that he was quite pleased himself, like he was proud of him knowing how to bike or anything. Well, I don't know how to bike but that's not the point. As we reached our destination, Xiangling waved her arms towards the both of us. I hid my face, it was embarrassing. Venti and I got off of the bike, Xiangling smiled warmly, "Come inside !" She exclaimed, I just went inside, ignoring the optimistic chef. Venti was just talking to Xiangling. As I headed inside I could see multiple people, short, medium, and tall. Someone yelled as they ran to Aether, "HEY AETHER !!! SOMEONE PUKED IN THE KITCHEN !!!" It was the warmhearted person who loved P.E, Amber.

"Yep, this is a great start." I mutter.