hope for you and me

[ Xiao's POV: ]

"Tell me why, do you have so much hope for me ?"

The words slowly came out of my mouth, my golden eyes looking at the ground. 'I probably look pathetic, why ruin such a special momen-' My thoughts were interrupted by Venti's voice, his voice was reassuring and calming. Different from what he usually is. "Xiao, isn't it pretty obvious ? It's 'cause I love you silly ! Besides that, I believe everyone gets to have a chance in life ! Just remember that I'm here for you no matter what ! People are here for you as well, so don't worry okay ?" He smiled softly. I could feel my ears getting warm, they were turning into a light pink. "Um.. is this a confession ?" I muttered quietly, so no one else could hear the conversation except Venti. "Ehehe.. way to ruin the moment ! But technically, yep !" Venti seemed so confident, like he isn't afraid of anything. I wish I had the same confidence like Venti. But, he's probably screaming inside right now. I just stared at him, then Ganyu came over. "There you are ! You made me worried, lots of people were coming to the park so I was afraid I would lose you two !" She stretched my cheeks, I got pretty annoyed. But then again I didn't mind it, maybe I'm starting to open up ? "Sorry, Ganyu ! I had something else in mind and I had to share it to Xiao !" Venti told the worried girl. "It's alright, Venti. At least you two are safe !" She smiled sweetly, Ganyu gently moved her hands away from my cheeks. I turn my head so I don't face Ganyu nor Venti. "What did you two talk about ?" Ganyu asked curiously, she really wanted to know huh.. I look at Venti. 'Please don't say it, please don't say it, please-' I close my eyes, afraid of what Venti will say, but I'm putting my trust in him, so he better not say it. "Oh ! We're talking about history, like the archons, stuff like that, Ehehe.." The boy in braids responded. I sigh in relief, I open my eyes, blinded by the light. My pupils shrank as it blinded me. I blinked a few times before my vision turned back to normal. I took another sip of my boba, chewing on one of the tofus that was floating around in the drink. "Ah, how interesting. Xiao never really talks about school so this is a bit strange.." Ganyu mumbled, putting her hand on her hip and her other hand folded around her chin. She's in thinking mode now. "Shoot." I whisper to myself, Venti looked at me, awkwardly. He was out of ideas as well. "Well, I won't question it, Xiao probably doesn't like talking about history around other people ! So I understand." I sigh heavily, "That was close.." I mumbled quietly, but maybe I said it a bit too loud, cause Ganyu tilted her head in confusion. "What was close ?" She asked. "O-Oh, um, nothing." The words stumbled out of my mouth a bit too fast. Damn it why do I keep messing up ? I just grab Venti's hand and walk away from the huge tree. I look back to see Ganyu, her eyes looked sad and miserable. In her colorful cloudy eyes I could see that she's thinking about something. In her mind she's probably saying, 'Tell me Xiao, what did I do wrong ? I know I can fix this !' I just look back to face the direction of where me and Venti were going. Ignoring Ganyu, for now.
"Yahoo !! Where are you two going, hmm ?" I notice Hu tao waving her arms around, and some sort of grill. "C'mon Xiao ! Let's go see what Hu tao's cooking." The braided boy smiled as he pointed to the prankster. Venti dragged me to Hu tao, when we got there I noticed cones covered in tinfoil. I look at it in disgust, that looked a bit strange. "Woah ! What are you cooking ?" Venti asked, looking at the waffle cones. Hu tao smiled excitedly, "Glad you asked ! There's this trend going on where apparently cones with chocolate and marshmallows taste better than when it's in graham crackers !" She replied, now contemplating. "That's stupid." I mutter quietly, but of course Hu tao heard me. "Xiao, you're so grumpy, c'mon ! Why don't you try it, hmm ?" I sigh, nodding my head. Hu tao turned around and took one that was cooling off. It seemed trustworthy, I think. "Where did you even get this grill ? I don't recall you bringing one." I questioned the girl, handing me the cone wrapped in tinfoil. "Some man let me borrow it ! Which is pretty sweet if I do say so myself." Hu tao responded effortlessly. I roll my bright golden eyes, taking the cone. I opened it to see melted chocolate and a few small marshmallows around it. One seemed awfully strange though. But I didn't think much of it. I took a bite out of it, it didn't cool off as much as I thought it would. Overall It tasted a bit funny, like it was burning up or something. I took some tissue that was near the grill and spat out the food. That did not taste good. Chocolate and chilli powder ? Yeah, no. "You fell for it, hehe !" Hu tao snickered. I glared at the prankster, I knew that was going to happen. Why didn't I stop then ?
"Hah ! To be honest, I recall saying that I would give Venti a scare today, but I didn't ! Probably because he was curious and you were being grumpy as usual, so I changed things up a bit !" Her lips formed into a wide grin. I just ignored the girl, though her pranks are really good if I do say so myself. "By the looks of your face you knew that something was odd about it, but why did you still take a bite ?" I shrugged, I really didn't know why I didn't stop. I sighed heavily, to be honest, Venti seemed so calm. I get so weird around him, like as if I can just tell him all my secrets and know that he'll keep them safe. But he gets ditsy, air-headed, then one second later he is so calm. I just.. Don't know if I can really trust him..
I stare at the strangely calm Venti. In return he stares at me with his own aquamarine teal eyes. I didn't notice this before but his eyes are not just a plain old teal. It's a shade of different greens and light blues mixed, blended together to make a new breathtaking teal.
"Hehe!" Hu Tao exclaims noticing both of our staring. That caught me off guard and I chocked on the small piece of remaining disgusting marshmallow Hu Tao made that I didn't spit out.
"Is there something you're hiding, Xiao ?" Hu tao curiously asked me. I shook my head, "No, there's nothing I need to hid, why are you so curious anyway ?" I grumbled, Hu tao was weirdly curious today. It's like she wants to know every single secret I hold. "Haha, c'mon please ? You can trust me." She added, I was right, she did want to know every secret I know. "You know, secrets aren't really secrets once you tell someone !" Venti told the girl. I could tell that he backed me up, which I was pretty grateful for. "Well, you aren't wrong ! Buuut you can surely tell me, right ?" Hu tao chuckled, she kept that smile, the smile that was painted with mischief.

Hello !! It's tofu here and INAZUMAS OUT AAAAA ‼️ sorry if I haven't been writing, I promise I'll write soon !