Shopping

Kaia Marcella Torres

Grabbing my phone from my bedside table I swiped my finger across the screen, answering the call. "Hey Jennifer," I chirped, this is the first time she's called me since I last saw her.

"How have you been? I missed you!" She shouted through the phone, causing me to pull the speaker away from my ear.

"I've been busy doing some homework my English professor set for me. Have you been up to much?"

"Yes I have actually! Get some snacks because this is going to be a long one." I launched myself onto the bed and grabbed some candies.

A few minutes went by when I noticed a car pulling up, it was Mr Valentino. I dashed away from my window, hoping he didn't see me. Ever since he saw what was underneath my skirt I was avoiding him. Only hanging out with Arabella at my house.

"Kaia? Are you even listening?" Jennifer's voice broke me out of my thoughts.

"Umm yes, sorry I just got a little distracted. Mr Valentino has just arrived home." I told Jennifer and the girls about what happened at his house the other day and they have been teasing me ever since.

"Well what are you waiting for? Get over there!" Jennifer squealed over the phone. Of course she would say that.

I think for a moment before replying, "You do realise he is 16 years older than me right? Plus I have made good friends with Arabella, it would be wrong for me to seduce her dad." A second after I said that, Arabella's car pulled up into the driveway. Oh shit! I forgot. I am meant to be going to the mall with her.

"I have to go. See you later, love you!" I ended the call and put my phone in my pocket. I grabbed my jacket and dashed down the stairs.

Grabbing my purse on the way out, I shout my mom a quick goodbye. I ran out of the house and over to where her car was.

She was sat in the drivers seat applying lip gloss.

"Oh hey Kaia, are you ready?" I nodded my head eagerly, trying to hurry things so I don't have to run into her father again.

I opened the car door and sat myself down in the passenger seat of her car. Arabella slowly pulled out of the driveway when Mr Valentino came out of the house. His eyes locked with mine and he waved. Shit.

Waving back awkwardly I grabbed my knee with my hand; squeezing, trying to calm my anxiety. I hadn't seen him since he saw me bent over and he is acting normal, like nothing happened. Which is what I want I guess, but it just makes the tension worse.

Suddenly Arabella stopped the car, what was she doing? Mr Valentino edged closer, holding his hand out, the window rolled down and he handed Arabella a card. Probably just a store discount card.

"No limits. Get something nice you deserve it."

I sat there stunned, not saying a word. I couldn't even imagine what it felt like to just be handed a card and told to get myself something.

"Thanks dad. I'll see you later."

He smiled and nodded, "See you girls later." His eyes locked with mine, yet again.

Pulling out of the driveway again, he turned around walking back into the house. Just being close to him he makes my heart beat faster. I barely know him and he brings butterflies to my insides.

"So what are you getting from the mall?" Arabella asks, knocking me out of my thoughts. I feel like I need a minute to form a coherent sentence after seeing him again.