Chapter Nine

Emily P.O.V

What's weird is when you go to your own funeral. Especially when your a Shadowhunter. Seeing your mortal body burn is not fun, typically. My mother cried as my body began to disintegrate. My dad was also there but on the opposite side of my mom and brothers. Clary and Damien were in the background crying as I was reduced to ashes. I've been a ghost for a few days. I can teleport wherever I want to got 8f I focus on it. I was given a choise to either go to heaven or to be Clarys' guardian angel. I chose to be a guardian angel so I can keep an eye on my brothers. Shaun was stiff and had tear after tear streaming down his face. When I was done burning a silent brother took my ashes and put then in a urn and went to our family malseoulm. He set my ashes inside and Aaron and Shaun left after that as my mom sank to her knees and cried. I followed Clary to the Lightwoods house and floated through the walls till I reached the family room where Jace was comforting Clary.

"Jace, why do I miss her so much? We barely knew each other." she whispered. Dry tear marks on her cheeks.

"I don't know Clary. Maybe because she saved your life." he answered rocking her back and forth like a small child.

"Maybe Jace maybe." she answered falling asleep in his arms.

I looked at her and whispered. "Maybe because I'm your angel Clary. Maybe." I gave her a blessing of good dreams and watched Jace lay her in his bed as he fell asleep next to her.