Part 1

Meiji Dori Street, Tokyo (Japan) 12:46 am July 25, 2020
     There was a scraping sound as metal on metal collided. That is all she knew.
And there was fire, the smell of smoke lingering in the air. She thought she spotted something else, however, a body… gliding?
Yes, gliding, as though it was flying through the back window of the car.
“Mom?” Arose a faint cry from the girl. Her name was Katrina, but her friends call her Kat, and her enemies call her Kitten because of her small size.  No one is fooled by this though because she is as fierce as a tiger.
Kat looked around. “Mom!” She yells. Tears began falling down her face as a horrible thought crossed her mind. Was the person flying her mother? No, it couldn't be her mom, she was right beside her.
     A passerby sees what happened and calls 911, “nine-one-one, what’s your emergency?” The 911 operator asks.
     “There has been a car crash, and there is a fire! Come quick!” The person yells into the phone.
     “Where are you, and what’s your name?” The 911 operator asks.
     “My name is Preston Veeres, and I’m on Meiji Dori Street!” He yells frantically.
     “Ok, we have medics, police, and firemen on the way."
     “Ok, thank you.”
The call ends
     “Mom! Wake up!” Kat yells. Preston hears her and runs over.
     “Hey, my name is Preston, we need to get you out of here.”
     “Ah! Are you an angel?” Kat asks.
     “No, but we need to get you out.”
     “But what about my mom?!” Kat yells.
     “We’ll get her out, but right now we need to get you out,” Preston says calmly.
     “Ok,” Kat says with tears in her eyes, then suddenly, they hear sirens in the distance.
     “Help is coming,” Preston assures her, then the sirens get louder and suddenly stop. “Help is here.”
     “Ok,” Kat says.
     “Sir, we need you to back away!” A police officer yells.
     “Ok,” Preston says.
     “Do you know if anyone is still alive?” The officer asks Preston.
     “Only this girl, and her mother!” He yells over the sound of the water coming out of the hoses on the fire trucks.
     “Ok, let's get them to the hospital to make sure they are ok!” The officer yells while holding his hand out to help Kat on her feet. “I’m Officer Nathanial! What’s your name?!”
     “Kat and my leg hurts a lot,” Kat tells the officer.
     “Well, Kat, let's get you and your mom to the hospital to make sure you’re ok, ok?” The officer asks Kat.
     “Ok, but my mom isn’t waking up, but she has a pulse, I think she might’ve hit her head,” Kat tells the officer.
     “Don’t worry, you and your mom are in good hands.”