Part 2

St. Luke's International Hospital, Tokyo Japan 3:45 am July 25, 2020
     “I’m tired,” Kat tells the doctor.
     “Well, that’s good.” The doctor tells Kat.
     “How?” She asks.
     “I mean you’re not in shock, which is pretty surprising, considering what you just went through, and it looks like you sprained your left ankle, broke your right leg, and got a slight concussion. Do you feel any pain?”
     “No.” She tells the doctor.
     “Good, now get some rest, you need it.” The doctor tells her.
     “Ok. Is mom alright?” She asks.
     “She has four broken ribs, two broken legs, she broke her right arm, she fractured her left arm, and she got a concussion, and she passed out from the pain, that’s why you couldn’t wake her up, and we put her in a medically induced coma but she’ll be ok.”
     “Ok, and thanks for not leaving anything out, as most doctors do,” Kat says. “Oh, what’s your name?” Kat asks
     “Shanon, Doctor Shanon Darst,” Shanon tells her. “And what’s your name, and how old are you?”
     “Katrina Trenin, but my friends call me Kat, and I’m thirteen,” Kat says.
     “Oh, ok, I thought you were eleven or twelve, anyways, you should get some rest,” Shanon tells her, Kat falls asleep a little bit later.

10 hours later

     “Hey, ka- what?” Kat wakes up.
     “What?” Kat asks Shanon.
     “Y-y-you were just, fl-floating, in mid-air,” Shanon explains, her eyes wide.
     “What do you mean?” Kat asks Shanon, confused.
     “You didn’t feel that, like, at all?” Shanon asks.
     “No,” Kat tells her.
     “Wow. Like nothing, not even gravity?”
     “Nope.”
     “Huh, interesting.”
     “Are you gonna pick and prod at me?”
     “No, we’re not like the government, but we will put you through some tests.” The doctor explained.
     “Why?”
     “To see how this happened.”
   Kat nodded. “Ok, fine.”
     “Good.”