Prologue: 10 years ago

McDuck Manor

Twilight Duck, or Twila for short, couldn't sleep. It wasn't the first time she had stayed up late, ever since her mom laid three eggs...she'd felt like things were getting tense between her Mom, Uncle Donald, and Uncle Scrooge. She was barely five years old and she could already sense the growing tension between them.

Staring at the ceiling of her room, she stared at the glowing sticker stars...Usually they helped her fall asleep - but tonight they didn't. Tonight, the stars made her feel...worried. Suddenly a noise sounded outside her bedroom door, and Twila sat up. She turned to the door, and wondered if there was someone sneaking into the mansion again.

Grabbing the flashlight Uncle Donald had gotten her, she creeped out of bed and towards her door. Slowly, she pushed it open and peeked her head out. In the darkness, she saw a shadow move - and quickly turned on the flashlight.

"Stop!!" Twila exclaimed, and then gasped as she saw her mom. Della Duck was dressed in her usual shorts and pilot's jacket - complete with a hat and goggles. "Mommy?"

"Sshhh!!" Della said, moving to turn Twila's flashlight off. Twila blinked as her eyes readjusted to the darkness. She felt Della's hands on her shoulders. "Sweetie - why aren't you in bed?"

"I dunno..." Twila said, shrugging and blinking. She looked at her mom's pilot's cap and realized Della planned on going somewhere. "What aren't you in bed?"

"Because..." Della said, drawing out the last syllables. "I, uh, I heard a-a monster in the house."

"A monster??" Twila exclaimed, gasping. Immediately she grabbed her mom in a death grip hug. Della cleared her throat and pulled her away. Twila looked at her mom, confused.

"You don't need to worry," Della said, kissing the top of her head. "I'm gonna stop it."

"Right now?" Twila asked, and Della nodded, distancing herself from Twila.

"Right now." She said, nodding. "Aaand - I need your help."

"Okay," Twila said, giving a nod. "B-but I don't want to see the monster if it's scary."

"You won't have to," Della said, taking Twila to the eggs nursery. "You see, I need you to watch your brothers for me."

"Awww," Twila said, frowning and letting the flashlight drop from her hand. It landed on the floor with a loud clang and caused Della to flinch. "I thought it was important..."

"This is important," Della said, her voice strained. She bent down and looked Twila in the eyes. "Twilight, I'm going to go conquer the moo - the monster. And I swear, that whatever happens, I'll be back before the boys hatch."

"Okay..." Twila said, nodding. Somehow she sensed this conversation was important, but she couldn't put her finger on why. Della smiled, a few tears forming in her eyes. Quickly, she pulled Twila into a hug. "Mommy...?"

"I love you, sweetheart. Don't ever forget that - I love you, and the boys, and Donald, and Uncle Scrooge - all so much!!" She said, trying to keep the tears at bay. She glanced at a clock on the wall and knew she needed to wrap this up if she was going to steal The Spear of Selene. "Twila, I want you to promise me you'll protect your brothers - whatever happens."

"Why?" Twila asked, confused. Della hugged her all the harder and then gave her a kiss on the cheek. Twila sent a glare at the eggs. Since they'd showed up it had been all about them... "Why do I have to protect them..."

"Twilight - you're going to be Jet, Turbo, and Rebel's older sister. And being a big sister means you need to protect them," Della said, backing away from the door. Twila continued to glare at the eggs. She didn't notice how her mom was leaving the room. "Will you promise me?"