Chap 2 "Secrets"

Jo's POV

Before the night ended, Street wanted to do karaoke. He was, of course, drunk. "I'm so glad I can hold my alcohol," I sighed as I sat down on the couch. Deac and Luca left earlier in the night. "One of us has to be sober."

"So, I wanna dedicate this last song of the night to my lovely girlfriend, Josephine Conners," Street stated. "She's a mystery that I hope to uncover as we continue our relationship. This song is Thing's I Can't Say."

"Is he really drunk or is he messing around?" Sam asked.

"He'll knock out after this song," Chris replied. "If we make it to the end of the song."

"We're about to find out," I nodded. "The song's a duet."

"So, you know it?" Hondo asked. I smiled and nodded. "Is there anything you can't do?"

"I can't get through college," I replied.

"Hypothetically," Sam replied. "I know you can, but life happened."

"Yeah, so I never went back," I nodded. "Let's hear him try to serenade me."

"I see us in a ranch house with a pond. A couple kids with your baby blues," Street started singing. "Bet you'll look good as a soccer mom, but ain't no way in hell that I'm telling you. 'Cause it's only been two months and six days, and I ain't tryna sound crazy." I smiled. "But, 'I love you', is on the tip of my tongue. And I want you to want me to be the one. And I almost tell you every night when we're getting off FaceTime. I drunk text you, but let my friends read it first." Chris nudged me. "'Cause it's too soon for those three little words. I'll tell you one day, but for now, babe, I'll add it to the list of the things I can't say."

"Whoo!" Hondo clapped and cheered. Street pulled me up and spun me around. I grabbed the extra mic. "Here we go."

"I had a daydream you proposed. We got hitched on the beach that day," I sang. Hondo was shocked. "Had a honeymoon on the Maui coast. Couldn't wipe the smile off my face."

"It's only been two months and six days," Street joined me. "And I ain't tryna sound crazy."

I let Street finish off the song. "You can sing?" Chris asked. "Where have you been hiding?"

"Kansas," Dean nodded.

"I'm going to get him to bed," I replied.

"We should get going to," Hondo stated. "Come by HQ tomorrow to get a layout of the course."

"I'll be there," I smiled. The rest of the team left. I got Street in bed and started cleaning. Sam stated helping. "You don't have to help me."

"I always helped cleaned," Sam smiled. "So, you really are with a cop."

"Yeah," I replied. "A little weird, isn't it?"

"It makes it a little harder to do our jobs if we have a case here," Dean sighed. "So, thanks for that. Oh, and if you told us you were having a party, we wouldn't have stopped by."

"I didn't even know you guys were in town," I looked at him.

"Maybe it's not such a bad thing to join LAPD," Sam stated. "You'll be our inside source and we can still do our job."

"It'll be a lot easier if you came with us," Dean responded.

"As much as I would love to ride with you guys again, I can't," I smiled. "I'm actually living a normal life again. I don't have to look over my shoulder every single time I go out." Sam sighed. "Don't do that. When you do that, nothing good ever follows."