Chap 6 "Family"

Street's POV

"So, who has it?" I asked as Jo started getting ready for the hunt. She looked at me. "What?"

"You didn't grab the paper?" Jo asked.

"I thought you had it," I replied.

"No, I told you to grab it before we left the house," Jo groaned. "Damn it, Street. This is just great." There was a knock on the door and she put her fingers up to her lips. She grabbed her gun and held it at the door. "Who is it?"

"It's room service," Dean's voice stated. "Who else would it be, Jo?"

"Can never be too careful," Jo stated. She opened the door and let Sam and Dean in. "Why are you guys here?"

"Apparently we caught the same case," Sam replied. "So, wanna tell us what you found out?"

"We know what to do, it's just the idiot forgot to grab the receipt that has the name and address," Jo pointed at me. "Tell me, why did I think it was a good idea to let him join me on the road?"

"It's not our problem," Dean nodded. "But we have that receipt." Dean held up a piece of paper. "Do you wanna work together?"

"Not really," I replied. "When we work with you, someone usually get severely hurt and that someone is usually Jo."

"He's not wrong," Jo nodded.

"Are we working together or not?" Dean asked.

"Give me that," Jo snatched the paper from Dean. She looked at it for a split second before Dean snatched it back. "Seriously?"

"You don't get any info until you tell us what you know," Dean pointed. "That's how this works."

"Not really," Jo nodded as she opened the door. "Figure it out yourself."

"Your loss," Dean replied as he left.

"Nice way of having my back, Sam," Jo looked at him.

"I'm sorry, Jo," Sam sighed. "We've been on this for a while and we can't crack it."

"Maybe you guys do your research and I'll do mine," Jo replied. Sam nodded and left. She closed the door. "Pack up and be ready. After we finish this case, we're blowing town."

"We can't finish this case without the name and address," I looked at her. "You really think we can solve this case?"

"When I took the receipt from Dean, I memorized the name and address," Jo smiled. She put on her jacket and packed her duffel. We waited till nightfall and packed up her car. "Let's do this." I drove us to the house and I pointed out her brother's car. "They're not gonna know what to do."

"But we do," I smiled. We got out of the car and went to knock on the door. The door opened. "Mrs. Kensley Rowe?"

"Yes," she nodded.

"My name is James Sinclair, and this is Jennifer Chase," I smiled. "We noticed you bought a piece from Renew The Old. We were supposed to repair the frame before you picked it up." She sighed. "We made a call to the store that we were going to be late, but I guess they forgot to mention that to you."

"I didn't notice anything wrong with the frame," she replied. "I guess that's why they call you the experts."

"That's right, ma'am," Jo nodded. She let us in and the frame was hung over the fireplace. "There it is."

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Kensley smiled.

"Very," Jo smiled. "You ready, James?" I nodded. I started to get the picture down. The fire and candles went out and it got cold. "Plan B."

"What's going on?" Kensley asked.

"Stay behind me," I nodded as I got out the canister of salt. I made a salt circle around us. "Whatever you do, don't get outside of the circle."

"What?" Kensley asked.

"Jo, behind you," I replied. I threw her the iron bar. She caught it and swung behind her. The ghost disappeared. "What do I do?"

"Burn it!" Jo stated. She was swung into the wall. "Hurry!" I grabbed the painting off the wall. "Hand me the lighter."

"What are you going to do?" Kensley asked as she looked through the duffel for a lighter.

"Street," Jo stated. I looked. She was crawling backwards toward the wall as the ghost inched closer to her. "Street, do something." The door was busted in and a shot was heard. She looked toward the door. "Sam."

"Jo," Sam ran up to her and got her up. "Here." He handed her an extra shotgun. "You good to hold it off?"

"Together," Jo nodded.

"Dean, go help Street," Sam pointed. Jo shot her gun at the ghost. "Good aim."

"Dean," I replied.

"Yeah," Dean states. He got into the circle and looked at Kensley. "Hey, there."

"A little help here," I rolled my eyes.

"What do we got?" Dean asked.

"She's married," I pointed. "And we have to burn the painting."

"Why?" Kensley asked.

"My brother and sister are fighting off that spirit that's attached to this painting," Dean pointed. "It was going to kill you." I cut out the painting. "So, why are we burning the painting?"

"Because," I replied. I put the painting in the fireplace and put salt and kerosene on it. "The painting is made with her blood." I tried to find the lighter. I saw Jo being flung from one side of the room to another. "I can't find a light."

"Matches," Dean stated as he got a box from his pocket. He struck one and threw it into the fireplace. The temperature started rising again. "It's done."

"Sorry about your painting," I looked at Kensley. "On the bright side, you get to live longer." We left the house. Sam was helping Jo out. "Jo, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Jo groaned. Sam leaned her against the car. "I'm gonna say this once and only once." I looked at her. "We're done."

"Like, done as a couple or done with this?" I asked.

"With this; hunting," Jo sighed. "I got out once. This time we're done for good." She groaned as she shifted her weight. "This one was one tough mother—"

"Language," Dean cleared his throat.

"Okay; if we're done, then we're done," I nodded. "I'll drive us back home and we get back to our normal lives after my vacation ends." Jo smiled as I put my arm around her. She snuggled into me. "You guys are more than welcome to come by whenever you like." I handed them each a key. "If you're in town, just stop by the apartment. We're family now."

A/N: the end! More stories coming soon, so keep your eyes peeled. Happy Reading! Xoxo ~Alexis