Chap 5 "My Choices"

Jo's POV

"There it is!" I exclaimed. Sam pulled straight to the kitchen. "You're really that upset because he's Lucifer's son?!"

"We don't need any more of him running around!" Dean argued. "You can sleep with whoever you want as long as it's not the spawn of Lucifer!"

"That's nice, Dean," I lowered my voice. "You have specific standards for everyone else, and a different set for yourself." I grabbed my phone. "It's unfair."

"What do you expect us to do when you end up pregnant with his kid?"

"My actions, my consequences, and my responsibilities."

"You're mine and Sam's responsibility. We won't be able to forgive him if you end up dying during labor."

"You're talking as if I'm pregnant!" I looked at Dean. "Last I checked, I'm not. So, you shouldn't even be here lecturing me."

"I'll kill him if he touches you again," Dean glared at me.

"Do it," I replied as I pulled my gun on Dean.

"Whoa!" Street stated. "That's enough."

"You kill him, I'll kill you," I stated. "That sounds fair to me."

"You wouldn't," Dean looked me in the eye.

"Are you testing me?"

"You love me, Jo. You wouldn't kill me," Dean walked up to my gun so he was at point blank range. "You also love Jack, and you love Street." I looked at him as I let a tear go. "You can choose me, or no one gets you." I glared at him. "I struck a nerve, didn't I?" I kicked him into the wall. "Ugh!"

"You can't tell me who I can or can't be with," I nodded. I put my gun away. "You don't run my life anymore."

"I want you to think about that the next time you want to come home," Dean nodded.

"Dean," Sam sternly stated.

"What?" Dean asked. LIf she doesn't want us looking out for her, then we don't need to house her."

"She's our sister," Sam stated. "I've come to terms with that. Have you?"

"Have you, Dean?" I asked. The lights went out and I got cold. A let out a breath and I saw it. "Crap."

"Take the salt and make a circle," Sam stated as he handed Street a canister. "You good, Jo?"

" it's funny. I've been here by myself all day, and this thing doesn't show up. Once you guys get here, it's here," I looked at Sam. I got inside the salt circle as Street got done. I pulled Street inside. "The line of salt protects you from the spirit." Sam threw me a shotgun. He grabbed a crowbar and stepped inside. "Anything that is salt or pure iron repels ghosts."

"So, you're saying she's a ghost?" Street pointed at somebody in the corner. Dean stepped inside the circle as we looked at who it was. It got quiet and I felt the energy from Dean and Sam relax. "Why does she look like you?"

"That's Jo Harvelle," Sam stated.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Who are you?" Jo asked.

"I'm their sister," I replied.

"You never mentioned you had a sister," Jo smiled. "Is it exciting being a Winchester?"

"I'm far from being a Winchester," I nodded. "My name is Josephina Conners. They call me Jo."

"Jo, I'm sorry," Dean nodded.

"Someone has something of hers," I looked at them. The window opened to let in a breeze. "This salt circle isn't going to hold for long!"

"I don't know her," Street nodded.

"Dean," I stated.

"You have something of hers?" Street asked.

"Earth to Dean," Sam stated.

"What?" Dean asked.

"What do you have that she gave you?" I asked. The salt circle broke and I felt a force shove me into a wall. "Oww!"

"Jo," Street ran to me. "Are you okay?"

"I'll be fine," I sat up and grabbed the shotgun. "She's about to piss me off."

"Dean, your bracelet," Sam replied. He got flung into a wall. "She gave you that bracelet before she passed!"

"A couple strands of my hair," Jo replied.

"Street," Dean threw him the bracelet. "I'll keep her occupied."

"What do I do?" Street asked.

"Burn it," I stated. I got a lighter out of my pocket. "Let's go." Street helped me up as I handed him the lights. I followed him to the kitchen. "Hurry, Street." Jo showed up in front of me. I pointed the shotgun at her. "Move."

"You shoot me, I come right back," Jo looked at me.

"I know it hurts," I replied. I shot her and she disappeared. Street lit the lighter and caught the bracelet on fire. He threw the bracelet in the sink and walked back to me. The lights came back on and the temperature of the room went back to normal. "Dean, seriously?"

"Maybe that's why he's so protective of you," Street stated. "You remind him of her."

"I know I do," I crossed my arms. "You've got to let me go."

"You know I can't do that," Dean nodded. "You're our responsibility."

"I may be, but I am not your possession," I nodded. I looked at Street. "I'm leaving again. I think it's best if you move on too, Street."

"Forget it," Street nodded. "I'll put in some vacation time and go with you."

"This is not a life you would want for yourself," I looked at Street. "Please. I don't need to drag you into this life."

"You're not dragging me into it," Street held my hands. "I'm choosing it."

"Are you sure?" I asked, seriously. "You could be sporting some LA supermodel on your arm."

"Maybe, but she's nothing compared to you," Street replied. "I'm choosing you and whatever this life is."

"Okay, but only for a little bit," I smiled. "I still want you to have a normal life."

"You still got a chance at a normal life," Sam looked at me. "If you got Street, you can still have that normal life."

"I've been off the grid for ten months," I nodded. "I don't think I can."

"You didn't die," Street responded. "We'll come up with something. Like you went on a hike or you wanted to experiment and see what that life was like." I smiled, knowing Street was going to be with me through all of this. "You don't have to stress about it."

"Okay," I smiled. Street was on the road with me for three weeks. We were sitting in the hotel room researching a case we caught. He was looking at lore. "Do you have anything?"

"Where do I start?" Street asked.

"The history of the painting," I replied. "Wherever this thing goes, people are dying. We made sure everything was burned, right?"

"Dolls and remains," Street nodded. "Salted and burned."

"Okay, but why do the murders keep happening then?"

"The painting is made of blood," Street looked at his screen. "It's still human remains, right? So, we have to burn the picture."

"Yeah, but obviously we can't do that in broad daylight," I sat on the bed. "But we have to do it tonight before the person who has it gets killed."