Vet

Two more hours passed before it was close to time for Bolt to meet the vet. When Penny's mother got up she immediately consumed her breakfast to wait for Penny who was reading her script with Bolt. They were also joined by Mittens and Rhino who out of curiosity decided to listen to Penny say what and how.

"Gee, so this is how Bolt prepares for his iconic fights?" asked Rhino every now and then as always with excitement.

"Be quiet, don't disturb." replied Mittens lying with her eyes closed listening to the girl's narration.

"This time we are going to escape from the ufo ship, I don't think I need to ask you if you know what and how right?" asked Penny after each act, followed by Bolt jawing in confirmation of the girl's words. Finally, after 30 minutes of reading, the entire script of the series episode was read. Penny (since they were in her room) put the pages down on her desk and wanted to go downstairs, but noticed that the dog didn't have the slightest desire to do so.

"Come on Bolt, I promise it won't hurt. It's only two, three injections max. Anyway, don't worry, next time Mittens comes with you," Penny said, to which the cat reacted with surprise.

"What, me?"

"Well yes, after all there is nothing to be afraid of" replied Bolt with a laugh jumping off the bed to go with his mistress.

"But I'm healthy, why do I need any injections? Bolt, I don't want to go to the vet!" shouted Mittens, but all that answered her was the slamming of the door, which was closed by Penny.

"Exactly, you said yourself there was nothing to be afraid of" said Rhino when they were alone.

"Ekh... Quiet be better" sighed Mittens laying down on the comfortable mattress.

Penny and Bolt already had to go to the car where a woman was already waiting standing outside the house. Bolt being carried by the girl quickly looked at the clock, it was striking 10 a.m.

"So what Bolt, ready?" asked the woman in the car to which the dog nodded with a not daring head movement.

After 30 minutes of travel, they were already in the district where the vet was already located, where Bolt received regular injections and had examinations.

"What are you scared of Bolt, 3 times a month you're only here and I don't think you're in much pain?" said Penny taking her dog in her hands, who initially didn't want to leave the car.

"Take it easy Bolt, take it easy, take it easy" repeated Bolt to himself until they entered the clinic. There were several people sitting on comfortable chairs who, like Penny, had gone to get their pets vaccinated.

"Good morning, I came here with Bolt, for his regular check up" Penny said to the secretary who sat behind the desk.

"Yeah yeah I know kid, sit down and wait"

"Anyone there?"

"A boy with his cat, some new guy, I don't know him" replied the woman writing down Penny's chart. The secretary replied going back to filling out the papers that were waiting for her on the desk top. Penny and Bolt sat down in their chairs and waited for their time to arrive. This was the worst activity at the vet - waiting. Having to wait until it's your turn, even though you don't know when it will be. It could be in 5 minutes, or after 30 minutes. Usually people in the clinic don't talk to each other, so it was always quiet in the corridor. The only thing that was heard from time to time was the phone that rang at the secretary's desk. Then there was some life in the corridor when the doctor was talking to a patient. After 20 minutes of idle waiting, the door opened and the doctor invited Bolt inside.

"Your turn Bolt," said Penny rising from her chair along with Bolt. As they were about to go inside a boy came out of the room holding a fluffy silver coloured cat in his hands.

"Hi Penny!" the boy greeted, stopping at the door. It turned out to be Lucas, the same boy Penny had met yesterday in the park.

"Hi Lucas" replied Penny coming down the side of the door as well. Bolt wanted to go inside but noticed that Penny wasn't paying attention to him. She started a conversation with Lucas forgetting about him. He started poking her leg until the girl paid him no attention.

"You can do it Lightning, I believe in you. I'll be right outside the door, I promise," Penny said as she knelt by Bolt placing her hand on his thick fur covered head. Bolt tried to convince Penny to follow him, but she wouldn't relent. With his tail lowered, he went inside, whereupon Penny closed the door behind him. He was surprised by her decision. She always went with him to the vet, sat by him when he got his injections, held his paw to make him feel safe, and suddenly she's not following him because she's talking to some boy.

"Hello Bolt, are you ready for your examination?" the vet asked taking Bolt onto the table and then started the examination. The dog wasn't even bothered about it. He was busy thinking about Penny.

After a 20 minute check up, and one injection, Bolt was free to go. Everything was fine, he only received an injection to boost his immunity. He did not pay attention to his pain because his lady was not with him. He stared at the chair where Penny usually sat and held his paw, smiling a little to reassure him. This time he could only imagine it. When the doctor opened the door Bolt immediately saw Lucas talking to Penny. They were laughing, having a good time.

"Hey, leave her alone, she's mine!" shouted Bolt. (People heard this as loud barks).

"Bolt be quiet, it's over," said Penny walking up to him, then taking him in her arms.

"My pet is a bit heavier" said Penny putting Bolt in Lucas' hands.

"Leave her alone, don't bother her" growled Bolt (people heard it as a growl).

"Why is she growling at me?" asked Lucas moving a little away from Lightning's muzzle.

"Bolt, what's going on, don't growl at Lucas" asked Penny, but to no avail.

"Sorry, it's probably the research... He doesn't like coming here" Penny said putting the pet down, but even that didn't help, Bolt continuing to stare at Lucas continuing to growl angrily.

"Come on Dog, you're mine remember" said Penny turning him with his muzzle towards herself. These words caused Bolt to momentarily calm down and even smile a little in Penny's direction. Penny's warm gaze made Bolt forget about Lucas and the injections, seeing his lady relax.

"Good doggie, come on it's time to go" the girl said moving towards the door.

"Remember I gave you a number" communicated Lucas as he noticed Penny coming out.

"Sure, we'll be in touch" replied Penny tucking the note into the pocket she had been given by her boyfriend.

"In touch?" thought a concerned Bolt as they left the building.

As you can see Lucas with Penny decided to strengthen their acquaintance! Thank you for reading the chapter, see you later!