Consequences

Bolt came out of the bathroom thinking they were continuing to watch Titanic exchanging opinions. However, they were doing something else. When Bolt came out of the bathroom and entered the room, he saw Penny kissing Lucas! It was a small, humble kiss, but that one humble kiss was enough to move the dog deeply.

"Penny..." thought Bolt being walled in by this sight while looking at the kissing couple. His heart slowed down, slowed down so much that it practically didn't work. There was a void in the dog's head that was filled with nothing but negative, sad emotions. He couldn't believe that Penny had bonded so strongly with the boy...what if she hadn't? Maybe she doesn't want it? Maybe she was forced into it? That's what Bolt thought at first, but he realized that both of them wanted it And apparently they didn't mind Bolt's presence. Although he was immersed in sadness that he had most likely lost Penny anger also sparked in him.

"Penny is mine, I have to stop him... If only I would pay attention to something hard..." thought Bolt looking around for some object. To his right he noticed a tall lamp standing casually against the wall. (It was such a desk lamp shaped decoration that was about 2 meters high).

" Hm... I can knock it down... By accident of course" thought Bolt as he approached it. He wasn't entirely convinced about the idea, but when he looked at the loving couple, he knew he had to do it. He stood up on his hind paws, then using all his strength he pushed the ornament.

As he did so, he noticed that the lamp was next to the TV, the ornament was flying straight at the TV.

"Shit!" shouted Bolt pushing away from the ornament to the wall on the opposite side. He knew there was nothing he could do now, the dice had been thrown. The lamp tilted straight at the television, which fell from the glass dresser to the floor making an awful noisy noise.

" What the..." exclaimed Lucas pulling away from Penny. When he stopped kissing her he saw the TV in front of him, which was lying on the floor and underneath it was crushed glass.

"Shit! Not good! Not good!" repeated Lucas hysterically shaking his head which he held with both hands. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. He was stunned. Penny looked around the room and noticed Bolt standing next to the lamp. His lowered head down and drooping ears gave a sign to Penny that he was to blame.

" Bolt!" exclaimed Penny, at which Bolt turned his head, which continued to hide in the shadows. He stood still in place without moving.

"Damn...it wasn't supposed to be like this..." thought Bolt. Even though he didn't intend it to, what happened happened AND there was nothing he could do about it anymore.

"The parents won't be happy... Ay! Not good! Wait... Is that what Bolt did?" asked Lucas seeing the dog by the leaning lamp.

"He definitely didn't mean to do it Lucas, sorry for him! I'll tell my mum to pay for the damage, you won't incur any costs... I'm so sorry..."

"No need Penny. My dad has a business. It's not about the money... It's just that my parents think I'm responsible enough... Ah! Anyway, never mind! The TV doesn't work anymore anyway, I'd better get on with cleaning it up..." sighed the boy walking over to the TV. Penny did so along with him. As Lucas looked at the device Penny sent a murderous glare in Bolt's direction, with her head waving left and right, further aggravating Bolt.

"Just as I thought... All beat up, none of this is going to happen again." Recognised Lucas as he lifted the whole beaten up TV. There was nothing left to repair it with really, the matrix was all beat up. The boy went to get a cleaning kit while Penny stared at Bolt. For a moment they suspended their gaze on each other. Bolt looked on with an expression of pity, sadness and compassion, while Penny had a heat in her eyes that lit up her eyes. One could see that she was furious. She had never looked so disdainfully in Bolt's direction before.

"Okay, I'll clean this up... Leave it to Penny, I'll do it," Lucas said as he wiped the floor clean of the shards of glass.

It was the least he could do. As he did so he shook his head occasionally, but it was hard not to wonder - he had just lost several thousand dollars. Once that was done he dumped the shards of shiny glass into the appropriate bin, then headed into the kitchen with Penny.

"Well... Did you at least enjoy the movie?" asked Lucas.

"Yeah, it was great... Thanks to you," said Penny. At those words they both laughed and blushed. This scene was watched by Bolt, but from the room, from hiding. He was now afraid to turn out even the tip of his nose. He felt ashamed of his actions. He didn't want to do badly for Penny, but it came out as it did.

"I guess this isn't Bolt's day, is it?" Lucas asked noticing the dog in a dark corner of the room adjacent to the kitchen.

"I'll take care of him at home," whispered the girl so the boy couldn't hear.

"I don't know what's gotten into him. He was always so calm, nice to others. Today he's gone crazy... I don't know... I'm sorry, I wouldn't have thought something like this could happen..."

"Relax Penny. It's just the TV. The important thing is that no one's hurt." replied Lucas trying to reassure the girl.

"I'm really sorry, if there was anything I could do to return the favor..."

"You don't have to. It's enough that you are... I appreciate it..." Lucas replied.

"Aww...thank you... " replied the girl with a Smile on her face.

"It wasn't supposed to be like this..." thought Bolt disappointed. Not only had he made a mess of things, Penny had managed to like him less, but the pair seemed to have grown even closer together. Everything had gone wrong. He only wanted to interrupt Lucas and Penny's innocent kiss and he ruined the day for them and at the same time for himself and made his relationship with Penny worse.

Soon a red car pulled up at the gate - it was Penny's mum who was already waiting for her daughter and her dog.

"Oh, my mum has already arrived, surely no compensation is needed?" asked Penny again to be sure.

"Surely. Thanks for coming... With your dog. Until our next meeting," said Lucas.

"See you..." said Penny, after which she hugged Lucas. At first the boy felt uncomfortable, but after a while he embraced the girl. Bolt had to watch this with great distaste from the next room. He did not want to come closer, he saw the look on Penny's face, which did not bode well. After a moment of hugging they let go, after which Penny left the flat once more saying goodbye to Lucas.

"What got into Bolt today?" thought Lucas as he watched the dog run through the kitchen to get to the exit door.

"Shit..." thought Bolt as he ran through the kitchen seeing the mess that was in the next room.