Reunion Before Battle City

3rd Person Pov

In Domino City, Yugi, Tristan, Téa and Joey would walk through the town as they would see a shop with registration into Kaiba's Battle City Tournament. Yugi smiles as he looks at the shop.

Yugi: Hey, I think we sign up here.

Joey would be standing in front of a display window looking at cards and the registration sign on the window.

Joey: I'm just gonna play dumb.

Tristan: Play dumb?

Joey: Hey!

The group would enter as they smiled as Joey and Yugi walk up to the front desk.

Joey: How ya doin'?

The shop keeper would turn as he looked at the group.

Shop Keeper: May I be of some assistance?

Yugi: Hi. We came to register for the Battle City Tournament and get our Duel Disks.

Shop Keeper: well then, my young friends, you have entered into the correct place. You are fortunate, since I have three Duel Disks left on my shelf. But first I have to make sure you're qualified to register.

Joey, Tristan and Téa look in confusion along with Yugi who raised an eyebrow before nodding.

Yugi: Okay, I'm Yugi Moto.

The shop Keeper would move over to his computer and begin to type on the keyboard.

Shop Keeper: All right. Yugi Moto.

He would enter the name as a small beep is heard pulling up his file as the Shop Keeper looked at it.

Shop Keeper: Not bad, you've got five stars. That's the highest rank.

Yugi: Hmm. Where does this information come from?

The Shop Keeper would turn his computer so the group could see the screen as it was a picture of Yami Yugi and a picture of the Dark Magician card as his rarest card with five stars underneath both pictures.

Shop Keeper: Kaiba Corp performed extensive research on duelists around the world and compiled the results into a database. This shows your skill level and the rarest card you've ever played in a duel. To ensure only the best duelists enter, Mr. Kaiba has gone through great lengths to learn everything about you and your decks.

The group gasps in shock as a whole database knew everything about them as well as what cards they play in their decks.

Yugi: Everything? Knowing every card in our decks gives an unfair advantage to Kaiba.

Téa: That's not cool.

Shop Keeper: Well, as promised, since you qualify to enter, you get this.

Yugi gasps as the Shop Keeper had grabbed one of the three Duel Disks he had left and held it out to Yugi.

Shop Keeper: Kaiba Corp's new and improved Duel Disk system.

Yugi looks in awe as he takes the box containing the new Duel Disk and smiles.

Yugi: Awesome! Thank you.

Joey: *steps forward* Ahem! I wanna register also. Joey Wheeler's da name.

The Shop Keeper turns his computer back as he typed in Joey's name.

Shop Keeper: Let me see. Joey Wheeler.