3am again

My feet are hurting, but I cant stop walking. How do I wake up? This isn't real. It can't be. There chilling sensations of shocks all over my body. Something is streaming down my face. Is that blood? No. Wake up. This isn't real. None of it ever is. Don't give in to it, it'll only get worse Moon you know that.
Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.
Please, I need to wake up.

"Ahhhh!!" I screamed, finally awake

"Ahhhh!!" I screamed, finally awake. Tears threatened to choke me, but a sudden realisation took pride of place. No longer was I in my bed where I fell asleep. This is getting bad..again.

The first night I remember this happened, I was just 7 and my mom had gone to sleep, it was 1am. Still tossing and turning I decided to sleep on the sofa as it brought me some sort of comfort as a child. This way I could leave the tv on and think less of my abnormally overthought, thoughts. I fell asleep...and the next thing I remember is being sat. In the middle of the road. In the dark. I was terrified. Thankfully back then my mother was there to help me.

This time is different though. Now I'm now 10 years older, and thought I was getting better. My therapist had given me techniques to try and prevent this, but as I stood on my porch with no recollection of getting here, they clearly haven't worked on me. I always hated going to therapy anyways.

I quickly reopened my front door and locked it behind me in a hurry to feel safe again. Looking at the clock on my wall, I could slightly see in the moonlight that it was 3am. And so thought about all the sleep I'm losing the more I stay awake. Goodness knows how I'd try to go back to sleep, but I still have to try if I don't want to feel groggy for the whole day ahead.

*phone dings*
Yuta: hey, are u awake?

Me: lol how did u know😩

Yuta: I am in fact a mind reader

Me: like I didn't know. Honestly wish I was asleep rn
Me: lowkey feel like shit

Yuta: u want me to come round? I'm bored asf

Me: who comes round at 3am😃😃lmaoo but yesplsdothanku :') and please bring snacks my fridge is empty

Yuta: girl tomorrow we're going grocery shopping u NEVER have food that's like illegal in my world
Yuta: anyways im omw be there in like 15

Me: I mean u cant blame me, I live literal miles away from a store but fine😐 as long as u drive and yay see u iab :D

Yuta: ;) iab

———
//
finally perfected (not rlly) the first chapter after a whole like 6 months 😭 anyways if anyone reads this, lmk if u like and want me to update :p SEE U LOVELIES LATER MAYBE 😋