chapter 3, turf wars

nika wakes up early in the morning and runs to wake up his friends. they go to eat breakfast and then run outside their house and out the gate into the street. they see tornike, gocha, tamuna, ketevani, irakli, rezo, and tea already waiting outside with bags full of rocks.

they all walk to the other street, and spot the neighborhood kids already playing there. the kids notice them, and they make intense eye contact for a few seconds. nika, the group leader, walks over to them.

"nika, shen dabrundi? (nika, you came back?)" asks one of the kids.
"ki, da exla gaemzadet chubistvis (yeah, and now get ready for a fight)". he sees the kids grabbing their own rocks, and he runs back to the group.

they quickly open up the bags and each grab a handful of rocks and star throwing it at the kids. the kids do the same back to them.

elene and ana are throwing the rocks the hardest, it seems that they are used to doing this. they also have matching girlboss t-shirts.

ketevani's dog, lasha, comes running outside and starts barking and biting the enemies ankles. lasha is a proud georgian dog, and he fights well for his country. the enemy kids notice him and run away, being scared of dogs.

"moviget! (we won!)" yelled gocha proudly. he went to pick up the dog and pet him before handing him back to ketevani.

nika smiled, he was having a lot of fun and he was grateful for it. everyone was going to go back to their houses tomorrow, and that means he would have to go to his house in tbilisi. he was excited, but he would miss his friends.

after that, they played in the street with nika's new soccer ball that manana bought for him. when they had to go back to the house to pack, he hugged everyone and gave a motivational speech.

they went back to the house, and he and naruto helped maia pack because gia was being lazy. when they finished packing and putting their bags in the car, they waved goodbye to elene, ana, and manana (who was of course crying) and got in the car. nika and naruto were again with luca, who was going to take them to his parents apartment before going back to the house he shared with his cousin, andria.

as they drove through the city, nika realized that he actually liked tbilisi. even the run down buildings with graffiti on them, and the stray dogs walking around the city. he finally reached his parents apartment, and said goodbye to his brother. he offered to take him and naruto somewhere, and nika eagerly agreed before going to walk to his parents. they all made their way up to the apartment, and naruto and nika played with some of his old toys together before going to sleep.