09| My Special Maid.

● Amber Erin Anderson ●

"Is your brother. . . . okay?" I managed to ask, my eye wide and still looking at the mess around me.

Ember wasn't as shocked as I was. For him, it was as if it was a daily normal sight to see his brother's room in a condition that screamed self-destruction and I didn't find that okay at all. Ace looked like he needed help and I doubted he was getting it.

"In this dysfunctional family of mine, Ace is the most okay person," he said, looking at Ace whose gaze was still outside.

"Wow," I mumbled, after picturing his other family members but failed, because I honestly didn't have any idea about them and their personalities.

"Ember," Ace called, his voice still weak and fragile. Ace knew he was listening so he said, "I'm feeling empty again."

Silence. That's all it was for the next few minutes. Ember didn't say anything to him and after this deep silence, Ace spoke again, and what he said broke my heart albeit we didn't even met yet and I didn't know him at all.

"Another season is coming to an end and I think I'll be still feeling empty and hollow."

Ember sighed and strode tworads the cupboard which was placed across the room and opened it. Ace heard the rummaging caused by his brother who just happened to go through someone's cupboard without their permission.

As he turned around, I finally saw the first Prince of the Elysian Kingdom and also the elder Elysian brother. He was a mixture of both Ember and Ira as most of his facial features were present in Ira and Ember.

He had the same higher cheekbones, straight nose, angular shaped eyebrows as Ira and the same sculpted jawline, long eyelashes as Ember, making me think: if these brothers are this much perfect, then how are their parents?

Their mother should've given birth to more children. Might have enjoyed more beauties.

I shook my head at my thoughts and returned my gaze at the pale guy in front of me. Although Ace was a complete mixture of his brothers, there was still something different about him. His soft soul fully deep brown eyes.

While Ember and Ira's showed different kind of emotions which were deep anger and hatred towards each other, Ace's ones showed kindness. His kind eyes were like as if they were ready to welcome warmly anyone with a bright smile.

Despite his dark circles and his messy raven black hair which looked liked it hadn't been brushed for days, he still looked beautiful in his own way.

Ace's eyes landed on mine and his eyes went wide and his eyebrows rose. "Ember, is that the girl you've been waiting to see?"

He looked at Ember who was still looking for something in the cupboard, his head ducked inside the cupboard and while still rummaging, he said: "How did you figure out?"

Ace observed my appearance and said, "Well, you aren't someone who will share clothes with just anybody."

I looked, smiled, and nodded (Just like Ember told me to.) at Ace cluelessly, my brain still trying to register the fact that he knew me and remembered me while I forgot every single thing.

"Ember was right," The muscles of Ace's cheeks twitched and soon it turned into a heart-warming smile. "Your eyes and name--both match perfectly." I never thought dimples could be this much adorable until I saw Ace's ones.

I still smiled and nodded, praying for Ember to tell me that I could talk other than just smiling a total idiot.

"Found it," Ember sighed in relief and closed the cupboard, completely oblivious of what Ace just told me. In his hands, there was the same vest as the one he was wearing.