19| Found Me in the Rain.

Amber Erin Anderson

I looked down from the window and swallowed. There was no way we were going to survive this. Yes, Keith was an Air mage-- but landing from a place which had the distance of seventy feet or more than that? No, thank you.

Here comes my death.

Despite having so many negative thoughts and imagining every outcomes of this crazy adventure of ours, I was still kind of excited and was looking forward to whatever life was about to throw on me.

Before coming here, I was living a mundane life. I was too busy with finding jobs, paying bills, rent, studies, losing my job and honestly, it was all too exasperating.

I remember telling Nathan that I wanted to give it all rest and just like that, as if Ember had just read my mind, he brought me here, where I was at ease even though I'd imagine my death in every worst way possible but despite everything, somehow, being with Ember, Keith, Ace and maybe Ira, I felt safe.

No, no. I don't feel safe. I can't feel safe. I've a life there--my friend and family is worried.

It'd been more than two weeks. What was happening in my world? What was Nathan doing? What was my brother doing? Did they already file a missing report of me? What about my college? What about everything I'd there? I couldn't possibly be at ease here while my friends and family were looking for me. I had to return, somehow.

Seven days--Ember's amalgamation was in seven days and I had to help wreck the wedding and give Ember what he wants from mea. If I can do that, I can return to my world. But I, for the life of me couldn't decipher what a Prince would want from a Naught like me and Ember wasn't planning to tell me anything before he cancels his amalgamation.

I huffed in determination. I'm going to do this. I'll be okay. We'll be okay. We have an Air mage and he's skilled. "What are we waiting for?" I suddenly yelled, looking at Ember who raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Let's go!" I seized Ember's wrist firmly and dragged him toward the railing of the balcony, gulping when I saw the height.

"Do you always hold people's hand this tight?" he asked as we stopped in our tracks.

"I'm determined!" I exclaimed as Keith came forward. "So, what happens now?"

"You guys are going to float," Keith answered as I smiled in pain.

"Make us float, then!" I said, trying my best to not sound like I was scared.

"She's clearly scared-" Zenix was cut off by Keith.

"I have levitated Ember before but with you, it's my first time," Keith paused, scratching his neck. "I'll float you here so you know how is it like to be floated and you can get used to it a little," he explained as I nodded.

"And don't scream, shout or yell." He pointed out as I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

Before I could say okay, I felt my weight slowly being lifted up and just like that, slowly, I could no longer feel my feet on the ground or my weight. I was levitating! I looked at Keith with wide eyes as he focused on me, moved his fingers and the movements of his fingers changed every time I was levitating higher.

"Jesus Christ, I'm fucking flying!" I yelled louder than I should have, causing Keith to lose his concentration and before I knew it, gravity pulled me and I fell my butt of on the ground with a loud thud.

"Ow," I cried, massaging my waist as Keith rushed to me. Keith gave me a hand, helped me to get up while Ember was just shaking his head while cringing and Zenix laughing his ass off.