23| Deal Between Two Savages.

Vivianne Aesterin

I'd never thought I'd have to witness a day when I had to seek help from the Power Holder that I despised the most-Ezèrian. But now, it was happening in front of my very own eyes.

I watched my bedridden father, the emperor who'd been sick for the past few months get healed magically by a Healer who was a Water Elementalist. The Healer placed her palm on the emperor's forehead, mumbled some spells in the old Elysian language -- her words incoherent whilst closing her eyes and within a few moments, the emperor's scowls ceased, his face no longer looked pale and he looked well enough to be considered as a healthy man.

I scoffed as I was dissatisfied by the result. "Is that all you can do? Why isn't he opening his eyes? I thought you guys had the power of a deity or something," I demanded whilst rolling my eyes.

I always wanted things to be perfect and me being loved by father the most, I always had things perfected and got everything I desired. My father doing so much for me and me not being able to do anything for him in return made me feel helpless and weak albeit I was a possessor of three renèi Possession.

I resembled my father a lot-- all of my sisters did, but I did the most. I inherited the same straight blonde hair from my father, same baby blue eyes, same beige skin color and not to forget, I had the same mole as him which was right under our right eye. Even our personalities were identical. Both were ambitious, self-centered, clever and always determined.

I glared at the Healer who wasn't even from our country-- she was from Elysia who was an adventurer. When she was here for sightseeing, she wasn't really expecting someone to get hurt and her being oblivious to the fact that the general of the emperor was present at the scene, she didn't hesitate to heal that wounded person and that's when the Healer's misfortune began.

She was captured for having potent powers and was now being controlled by the empress, my mother. She was forced to heal the emperor despite her against of will. After seeing her miraculous work done on the emperor, the empress ordered her to continue doing so until the emperor is fully healed.

"Vivianne!" My sister, Marianne who was one year older than me snapped.

I gave her a bright smile as she glared at me, sitting on the other side of the bed. "Yes, sister Marianne?"

"Is this how you talk to someone who is saving the emperor of an empire?" Marianne rose from her spot, walked towards me as her blue sapphire eyes just like father burned in anger.

I stared at my sister nonchalantly, wondering why she was fussing over something as insignificant as this. Doesn't she get it? We're taking help from an Ezèrian! She should be supporting me!

"Behave well, for Ilayna is the reason why our father is alive." She warned me as I tried my best to not burst out laughing.

Just when I was about to answer sarcastically, two figures emerged from the chamber's carved door -- the empress and our elder sister, Julianne.

As Jullianne entered the room, her blonde hair just like us cascaded down to her back, curls at the end and the hairs that'd always fall upon her eyes, secured at the back with gold accessories, making them shimmer and glitter. While Marianne and I were wearing soft coloured cottagecore dresses, Julianne outshone everyone in the room with her champagne tulle long laced dress and the crystal tiara on top of her head indicated she just returned from a formal occasion, for she'd been handling government affairs.