Pt. 16: The End of the Togami Family

I froze in shock, wondering why Monokuma would lie that Togami was the blackened. I turned to Makoto, whom was trembling.
"..I-.. what!? This has to be a joke! Please tell me this is a freaking joke!" Togami gave off a scared vibe. The same one Kuwata gave off. "Come on! You bastard, you know you're lying!" He yelled at the bear.
"Lying? I did no such thing~! Stop trying to cheat death!" Monokuma giggled.
"Tch. I'm telling the *truth*! Why won't you believe me over the murderous fiend that trapped us here?!" Togami snapped.
"They just hate you." Monokuma tilted his head a little. "Well would you look at that. Even your partner hates you!" Togami turned his head to find trembling Makoto, staring at the ground.

"..you lead me on." He stuttered, glancing back at Byakuya.
"I didn't! I was just telling you the truth!" Responded Togami, in a panicked way.
"Then why isn't Taka on that screen. If he murdered his own friend, then why isn't he on the screen BYAKUYA?!" Makoto, on the verge of mental breakdown, had tears streaming down his face at record speeds. He felt like he was lied to, fooled. He probably wants to give up on himself in this very moment.
"..Makoto. You know I wouldn't lie to you. And only a fool would murder." Togami stopped yelling, changing his tone of voice.
"You're lying. Liar. LIAR!" Makoto fell to the ground, trembling out of rage.

I ran over to Makotos aid. I bent down to him. His eyes were swollen and his nose was red. Glancing at Togami, I saw that he looked like he was about to burst. The glare he was giving me was similar to the one Kyodai gave him. It looked... mean. So, standing back up straight, I looked back to Makoto. I don't.. want to be looked at like I'm a murderer. That wasn't me. That was all the masterminds manipulation.
"...you did this."
I looked back at Togami. He had... wait.
"*Sniff*,, Byakuya.. why do you...?" I heard Makoto mumble. The shimmer of the object Togami held in hand locked my vision. I was frozen. In, well,, fear.
"YOU DID THIS!" He lunged forward. I felt a sharp pain on the right side of my face, down to my neck. Bright pink clouded my view. And soon enough, I blacked out.

Togami had just cut me with a pocket knife.

A very special lengthy Makotos POV while our hero is suffering

I watched Taka collapse to the ground, unconscious. Blood poured out of the lengthy cut that *somebody* had put on his face. Getting up and stepping away, I looked to Monokuma.
"Yeah yeah, I know what you want. I'll have my clones take em to the nurses office~!" I looked back at Taka with relief. At least I'll still have my close friend. Right?
A bunch of Monokumas emerged from a back room. They had a stretcher and an obnoxious siren. I watched them put Taka on it, and take him away.

Byakuya was on the ground by where Taka was before, still holding his pocket knife. I never knew he was carrying one of those. I'm so mad at him. I just want him to go away.. well, even if I didn't want him to, he'd still be gone. Sighing, I approached my former partner.
"It's over." I said, throwing a quick punch at his face. I heard a few 'oohs' from our classmates. "I don't trust you at all anymore. I don't want to see your stupid STUPID face any longer." I took a deep breath, and let out all of my anger. "I hope Monokumas punishment is good enough to match your shit anger management. Learn to freaking control yourself."
Byakuya was speechless. He looked scared, horrified even. A part of me feels a little bad.. but he did kill Hina. I shouldn't be soft around him anymore. Looking down on whom I formerly trusted, I turned to Monokuma.
"Take him away. I think it's ti-"

I stopped in my tracks. I heard.. crying.
"... I... I-I didn't do it.." My eyes widened. "What did I..*hic* do to d-deserve this..."
The heir of the Togami family was.. crying.
"I-ill admit.. I was a-an *hic* ass.. but I c-can change..!" His eyes swelled. I never knew I'd see him cry. Was his whole asshole thing just an act? "Please.. believe m-me..!"
"..Master.." Fukawa watched in awe. Even with her stalking him, I don't think she's seen him cry either.
I looked at my feet. Maybe I was too hard on him. Even for some tough rich kid like him, it was a little harsh.

"Okay..." Byakuya looked to my eyes. "Maybe that was a little harsh." I smiled at him.
"..You think?" He took to his feet, putting away his pocket knife. "It wasn't. I can h-handle it." He wiped his tears, averting eye contact. I think he may be a little embarrassed.
"It doesn't look like it." I laughed a little, tears making their way to my own eyes. "Well.. you were a great partner Byakuya. Even if you did kill Hina-"
"I didn't." He immediately interrupted.
"..Okay. I guess. Maybe you're telling the truth." He shot a quick smile at me. I grabbed his wrist, calmly and softly pulling him to me. "Maybe.. I'll see you later. And.. we can spend the rest of well.. forever together."
"Hopefully not. I wouldn't want you leaving these pitiful creatures behind. You're why they're still alive." For once, I felt like he was being entirely sincere. "You're my hope. No.. you're their hope. Lead them to victory, Makoto." He gave me one more smile, and handed me his blazer. "Take this. To.. remember our little thing we had going on. It's way better than your stinky old one anyways." I took one look at it, taking it from his arms, and started crying as hard as I could.
"..I'm gonna miss you, you rich ass." I smiled through tears.
"Same goes for you, plebeian." He responded.

"Well thaaaattttt... was really unexpected~!" Monokuma giggled. "Now.. let's give it everything we've got!" I braced to lose this mean heir I had grown so attached to. Realizing we were running out of talking time, Byakuya turned to me with a sincere smile, a single tear running down his face.
"You better survive and leave this place. If you don't I'll hunt you down and sue you in my grave. Farewell, Makoto."
"...goodbye, Byakuya." I gave him a quick hug, and felt him pulled away from my arms.

He was gone.

I ran to the fence, the same one I'd watched Leon, somebody who I had made friends with, and Owada, Takas partner, be executed in a bloody horror.
He was in a blank room. No crazy machinery or anything. The floor had collapsed, so we turned our attention to the execution monitor meant to give us the full experience. Falling into a trash can, he landed in a fiery expanse which looked like it was meant to be hell. The name of the execution then appeared on screen. It was called "Human Disqualification". Monokuma, wearing what looked like an elementary schoolers uniform, started to throw stones at him. I looked away for a moment, not wanting to see him get hurt. When I looked back, he was running away. It seems out of character for him, but so did crying. He was suddenly in a frozen landscape. Without his blazer, I doubt he's that warm. I think I see what Monokuma's trying to do here... if only there was some way to warm him up, then maybe he could escape death. We watched as he walked and walked until he couldn't anymore. Eventually, he collapsed, the color fading away from his eyes.
That's when I knew, he was really gone.

After watching my partner die, tears filling up my eyes once more, I've decided I need to check up on a certain someone.
I need to know if Taka is okay.

Hey y'all, I actually got an update out in a reasonable amount of time, hurray! To all the people who like protag x antag, or just Naegami in general, I'm really sorry for this one. And to all the people who don't like it, it's okay it's not even my favorite Makoto ship. Unironically, it's probably Naeishi at this point. But anyways, this ones a bit painful. And yay for giving Taka a battle scar amirite? Yeah I'll probably put an illustration of that in the next chapter. It may take longer to get out, but whatever. I doubt I'll be slacking that much because this story is just getting to the action!
(And yes that execution is the unused one why do you ask-)
-Saturn