Grammar

Moving on to grammar.

*****

Giving you advices about this is quite complicated for me since my own grammar isn't perfect yet. Well, it's hard to not make mistakes when English isn't even my first language, but I'm trying to improve every day. 

So, having good grammar is really important. I sometimes see books filled with so much mistakes you can't even understand what the writer wanted to say. When it happens, people usually stop reading, simple as that. That's why you want your story to have good grammar.

Of course, not making any mistakes at all is impossible. You're allowed to do some, just not too much. 

Something I usually see is people misspelling words that have the same pronunciation but not the same meaning. Like: 'tight and thigh', or 'to and too', or 'since and sense'... it even happens to me, really, it's normal. But if you can prevent it, that's better.

My advice would be to always reread what you wrote before publishing it. The best would be if you let some time pass between the moment you wrote your chapter and the moment you reread it, at least a few hours. It will enable you to notice things that you wouldn't have noticed otherwise. 

Also, if you're writing on Wattpad, when you select a word and right click, you will see: Look Up "random word". It will give you the definition and different meanings of the word you just selected. It can be really useful when you're not sure about the meaning or spelling of the word you're using.

Same thing for when you're using a verb. If you select it and use 'Look Up', it will give you the past and past participle of the verb. It changed my life when I discovered it.

You can also use a software program that will automatically fix your writing. I personally don't use this, and never tried to, but I know some people do and it's apparently great. Don't hesitate to try it if you feel like you need it.

Finally, you can ask someone who is good at grammar to reread you and fix your mistakes. Having a beta reader can be really helpful, but it's hard to find one and they're often not free, unless it's someone you know. 

*****

So, I didn't have a lot to say about grammar... 

If English is your first language, I guess you should be fine. Just don't forget to reread your work and pay attention to the small careless mistakes you probably made :)