XXII

The tension in the air thickened with every passing second, with the intensity in the air accelerating the same rate

The tension in the air thickened with every passing second, with the intensity in the air accelerating the same rate. The light penetrating from the glass hovering above the make's feature allowed him to radiate a domineering aura. However, unlike all times, Sasha's heartbeat remained in its normal pace. It was as if her heart had stopped being excited at the man's presence. She was hoping that this would be permanent, but she knew only sad predictions come true.

Her arms crossed over her chest, she just simply stared at his anxious expression with coldness radiating from her features.

Aiden, on the other hand was trying his best to figure out what was going in her mind. Unlike other people, she was not an open book. Even the closest failed to understand what was going on in her mind, he was still just a mere outsider.

"Sasha..." Aiden slowly let out with a husky voice.

Sasha titled her head simply cocking her eyebrow, as a signal for him to continue speaking. She decided it was best to speak the least possible.

"Look I know it was wrong of me to accuse you without any evidence. But I am willing to rectify my mistakes. Can you please give a chance to fix this?" Aiden said with sincerity leaping out of his voice which had taken Sasha off guard.

"What is there to fix? You realised your mistake, and apologized. That's it. It isn't a broken toy you will fix right? Oh wait that's how you viewed me, nevermind" Sasha spat out bitterly.

Aiden closed his eyes in frustration. He clenched his jaws resulting in the veins of his neck to bulge out. Sasha was not a bit intimidated by the reaction and was rather enjoying it. How many times she had wished she could irritate him this way. Despite her feelings for him, she still had her self respect which he had offended pretty badly for no good reason. So this was her chance of outburst as he stood before her somewhat helpless.

The triggering point was the odd sincerity which levitated from his eyes. This man was anything far from sincere to her but her mind was devoid from the magic of those brown orbs. A sigh escaped her lips as she tried to find a way to get this over with soon.

"Aiden if you're done may I please leave?" Sasha said in a somewhat irritated tone.

Aiden now looked up after hearing her voice. His mind distorting into mayhem, unable to connect to the needed question.

"I am not done though" He said with a slight smile which unknowingly took over.

"But I don't want to hear it. So I am leaving" Sasha said walking past him.

She had successfully moved two steps away from him, but luck was not on her side when she hoped she could get out of here. She was jerked back to her earlier position, with a plus. Her body was crammed against the wall by his.

"Aiden are you drunk?!" Sasha squealed out feeling ticklish.

"If you were the alcohol I might be heavily drunk" Aiden let out his cheesy words.