VI

The afternoon sun was the brightest, it has ever been

The afternoon sun was the brightest, it has ever been. As if it had gotten a news which had lightened up it's mood to the fullest, making it smile from ear to ear towards it's fellow friends in the surrounding. Adolescents riding their bicycle in this beautiful afternoon, trying to take in as much as possible of this glorious weather which comes once in a while.

Sasha was currently in her bedroom sitting by the window as she witnessed the joy the weather had bought among everyone. Her heart palpitated in a rhythmic beat, unknown to the feeling. A small smile was spread over her face but they did not reach her eyes as a lingering thought in her existed. The conversation with Nathan earlier made rounds in her mind, taking its time like a merry-go-round, her mixed emotions taking the role of the different rides available in it.

Sasha bit her thumb nail as the unforeseen scene kept on repeating in her mind like a cycle wheel taking its round.

***

"Aiden wanted to talk to you.." He said in a somewhat low voice as if afraid someone would hear them.

Sasha froze for a moment as she heard his words. Lips parted, eyes blank, she just stared at him. The words as if were refusing to get in through the gate of her brain and get processed. Nathan raised an eyebrow looking around, unsure of what had got Sasha all out suddenly.

"Sasha?" He called out

"Huh?!" Sasha snapped back to reality.

"You good?" He asked suddenly observing her pale face with a worried expression.

"Oh yes yes!" Sasha said frantically.

"Okay great. So as I was saying...Aiden wanted to talk to you tomorrow, are you perhaps free?" Nathan asked biting his lips, his eyes going slightly bigger as he did.

"W-What?" Sasha asked unsure, whether what she heard was right.

"He wanted to talk to you" Nathan stated

"He wanted to talk to me?" Sasha said pointing at herself, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yes you Sasha!" Nathan said suddenly feeling irritated by her reluctant behaviour.

Sasha's lips twitched a little as she thought of all the possible reasons as to why Aiden would suddenly want to talk to her.

"But why?" Sasha asked yet again.

"Just ask him when you meet him. So are you free tomorrow?" Nathan asked dodging the question.

Sasha frowned a little at the lack of response and decided not to push it. She sighed and responded with a nod.

"Okay then so, do you know the café near the university? The one which is like two blocks from here? The one beside the boutique?" Nathan asked raising an eyebrow, feeling unsure of her awareness of the place.