Chapter 6

Summary: Brainy's POV on the fight with Nia in 5x17

Note: I really feel like the song "Save Your Tears" by the weekend fit this chapter.

Brainy stood in front of Rhama Khan. Maybe with the right persuasion tactic, he could get a key to the ship before Lex and not have to let anyone die.

He could feel Nia watching him through the glass. Did she realize how dangerous it was for her to be here? The anger and hurt in her eyes when he tried to get her and Kara out of the DEO had been too much.

He spoke in Rama Khan's ancient language, but there was still a sixty-percent chance that Kara or Nia would pick up on his mention of Lex Luthor.

"Why would I leave," hissed Rama Khan, "When I worked so hard to get in?"

Brainy didn't comprehend for a moment. Then realization dawned on him as Rama Khan started to pull apart the chains that bound him.

"It's a trap!" yelled Brainy, rushing toward the main control room. He had to get the other agents out of the DEO. He had brought Rama Khan in, he should have known something would go wrong. He couldn't let agents that were under his command die because he had been blinded by panic.

"Initiate protocol five!" he yelled. "Evacuate the DEO." Agents rushed to follow orders. Brainy calculated that there was a seventy-three percent chance that all of them could make it out alive.

Rama Khan was thrown through a wall by Supergirl and landed in the center of the control room where the agents had been moments before. To Brainy's relief, he could see that there was no one left in the room except for him, Kara, and Nia.

Rama Khan dissolved himself into stones and transported himself to the top of the stairs. There, he reconfigured himself and summoned his staff.

The chances of them winning were growing slimmer. The best course of action would be to run. He prayed Kara would see this.

Instead, she used her laser vision to try and shoot him down. He calmly deflected it with the ston on his staff, causing it to rebound and damage the walls around them. Thankfully, they were able to withstand the intense heat and didn't immediately collapse.

"ENOUGH!" shouted Rama Khan. He drove his staff into the ground, and cracks fractured the floor.

Brainy was thrown backwards by the blow, as were Kara and Nia. He was slammed into a wall with enough force to break at least five bones if he had been human.

Before any of them could attack again, he used his powers to summon every piece of kryptonite the DEO had. Kara tried to fight it, but she collapsed, groaning in pain.

Still dazed, Brainy tried to get to his feet.

Nia! Was she alive? The blast from Rama Khan's staff had caused several parts of the building to become unstable.

He looked around frantically for her and saw that she was holding up most of the ceiling, keeping it from collapsing on them.

Then he saw Kara, struggling to fight the effects of the kryptonite. He took a step in her direction, but before he could help, another piece of the ceiling fell, crushing him.

He could only watch helplessly as his friends struggled. He desperately tried to escape the crushing weight of the rock, but nothing helped.

He could see Nia struggling to hold steady, but she was becoming fatigued. If she dropped the weight above her, there was a ninety-three percent chance that she would be killed. He couldn't let her die.