Chapter Two: Whiterun Carriage

Finally we made it to Riverwood just as the sun was starting to set over the horizon. The farmer begged me to come with him to the trade, to make sure the forged order went through. After some convincing, I agreed and we went to the trader's shop. Lucan, who had just gotten his golden claw back, was in a better mood... and quite flirtatious.

"So, who is this fine jewel?" Lucan asks, licking his lips. I wince which earns a chuckle from Lucan, frickin pervert. The farmer hands Lucan the order, his hands slightly shaking. Lucan gives it a glance before putting it under the counter. "Just put the produce out back." Waving his hand dismissively. The farmer gave a sigh of the relief and sent me a thankful glance. After a few perverted comments from Lucan, the farmer and I left.

" That was amazing! Please, let me repay the favor." The farmer pleaded, I hesitantly looked at the Sleeping Giant Inn. My septums were limited, and I could save them up for something special. I sigh and, sadly, decline the farmer's offer. Somewhere, deep inside me I knew that I would have regretted taking the farmer up on his offer, but for know I only felt remorse.

As I walked in to the Sleeping Giant Inn, a Nord, looking to be near my age, stood of to the corner and pulled out a lute. He started to play his lute, a sweet tune I had heard during my run from the shadows. Smiling, I sway along with the music and start to hum. When the song ends, the young man puts his lute away and sends me a smile.

"Hello, I am Sven. You?" He asks, I freeze and look at my feet.

"That was a beautiful song. Now excuse me." I mumble before hustling to the counter and paying for a room. Not sparing the boy another glance, I walk in to the room and collapse on the bed. Even though I had just say in a carriage all day I was exhausted from all of the bumping and the random conversation topics. Closing my eyes, I willed sleep to take over.

~~~

I was awoken by the gentle nudging of Delphine, the nice woman who had gotten my bed ready. She smiled at me and gave me a big chunk of bread. My stomach growled ravenously and I take a big bite out of it.

"You should probably head out now if you want to get to Whiterun before the sun reaches its highest point." Delphine says before slipping out if the room. I sigh and dig through the chest at the foot of the bed, finding a set of fur armor. Quickly, I change out of my work dress that was muddy with travel and slip into the comfortable armor, leaving the helmet on the chest.

I bid Delphine goodbye and follow the main road over a bridge and around a bend. A great stag stood in the middle of the road and looked up at me as I walked closer. Giving a low brey, the stag leaped off the road and I to the river. As he wadded across, I saw the tips of Whiterun castle through the trees. Straying from the path, I dive into the trees and quickly make may way towards what looked to be a farm.

Suddenly, the forest thinned out and I slid down a average hill into the potatos of a farm. Based of the sign out front, I could tell that it was Honeyside Farm. Brushing the new dirt off my skirts, I make my way back on the cobble road and jog up to where the carriage was. A tough looking man sat on the carriage's bench, lesiurly leaned back.

"If it isn't a little maiden, what can I do for you?" he asked, straightening slightly. I fished out twenty septums and held them hopefully out to the man.

"I need a carriage to one of the Holds." I say, he eyes the coin and puts his chin up a little bit.

"Which one do you want to go to. I cover everything from Marakath to Riften." he said proudly. Riften, now that was something I hadn't heard in a while. I dump the coins next to the man and rock on the balls of my feet.

"Riften, please." I say, the man eyes the coin thoughtfully.

"Sorry lady, but Riften is thirty septums." he said, I knit my eyesbrows together and frown.

"But that is all I have. Please, for me?" I ask hopefully, after a few seconds of awkward silence, the man sighs and scoops up the coin.

"I will go easy on you, lady. Climb in back and we'll be off." I give him a thankful look and hoist myselfup into the back. The man starts on about how Riften was once a great trading city, but since the Rebellion most of its traffic had stopped. I sighed and leaned my elbows on the wall, looking out at the passing scenery.

I wonder how much Riften changed. Maybe somethings are better than they use to be.

(Just a filler chapter. Some real crap is happening in the next one! ^-^)