Chapter Eleven: A Little Money Goes A Long Way With An Old Friend

Mercer has been distant and angry beyond belief, I keep avoiding Brynolf by all costs, and the journal has given me no information! It repeatedly talks about the 'Nightingales' like it the elite group of the Thieves Guild. Tonilla said not to talk of such things out loud when she caught me copying the symbol on the cover of the journal. Although, it was quite apparent that the author of the journal was romantically involved with Gallus do to the...content. My young eyes aren't meant to read those kinds of words!!!

Delvin and Vex have been giving me multiple jobs to keep me busy. I thoroughly enjoy the fishing jobs that Delvin grants me. My hands have gotten so stealthy that I can steal the clothes straight of people's backs. It is a great pass time. Yet the coin is wonderful! I have taken to the habit of saving the coin I get from the jobs and a couple of things I have 'retrieved' that seem of value in my chest. Even I have goals in life. AND, not only have I gotten richer than ever before but more people have started to come down below. We have an alchemist, some type of merchant that I don't bother with, and a blacksmith (Tonilla says that if I go to him to upgrade my guild armor my tongue is her new necklace.)

After about a month of the simple side jobs, I finally gained enough money for my little scheme. It was early morning when I woke up to the shrill of the chickens up above. Instead of dressing in my Guild armor, I pulled out a simple blue dress that one of the tailors gave me when I returned some lost necklace to him. My fine boots that I had worn from Elsweyr had been restored and shined by the two dark elf ladies in Solitude and fit perfectly on my feet. With careful hands, I slid the golden ring with an opal set into it on to my finger. Z'marzo sent it in with a letter from Elsweyr saying that sales have started to boom. A sinking feeling went through my stomach...I missed the little hut in the tropical caves of the Khajitt. I shove my bulging coin purses into my belt and securely tie a scroll of paper that is vital for my little scheme.

I slip into the Ragged Flagon and look around. Vekel was sorting out different kinds of ale while Delvin was carefully looking at a hunk of bread like it was a diamond. My eyes scan the room until they land on the girl I was looking for. Vex looks at me strangely as I walk up to her in regular clothes.

"You got a date or something?" She asks. I shrug and present her with some fine clothes. She raises her eyebrows in question and I sigh.

"I have a job for you...but you need to wear these and not ask any questions." I say, slightly pushing the clothes into Vex's hands.

"Where is the job? What do I need to do? How much do I get paid?" She asks.

"Falkreath. Pretend to be a snobby noble buying land. Depends on your preformance. Meet me hear when you are done getting into character." Vex shurgs, takes the clothes and walks off. I bounce over to the bar and lean on the counter. Vekel looks up and smiles, handing me a bottle of ale.

"Another day, another septum." He says as I toss him a single gold piece. Vekel just chuckles and returns to his work. I walk off the an empty table and hook my leg on the chair and pull it out. With a unlady like grunt I throw myself into the chair and look at my bottle of ale in thought. So, so much to do...

"Kai." I jerk my head up and my stomach sinks. A head of red, shaggy hair net my eyes and the eyes of an angry Brynolf look back at me.