Chapter 5

You'd been avoiding Kiyoko and Yachi all day but you know that after-school practice might be a problem. After finally finding Takeda, you'd been given the ok to be a manager and had to go to practice to be officially introduced as the newest manager.

Luckily there was a practice match, so while they were manning the scoreboard, you were on water bottle duty.

After refilling all the bottles, you went back to the gym. Knowing the girls would question you if you went over to them, you went to sit on the bench with Coach Ukai.

He gave you a small nod and a quick "Hey" before focusing back on the game.

You respond with another "Hey" relieved that he's not one to ask questions or talk about feelings.

You tried to focus on the game and the team as a whole, but your eyes kept trailing back to one specific player...

You watched the blonde middle blocker push up his glasses then toss the ball up to serve.
You didn't blame Yamaguchi. Not one bit.

Though he might not be the nicest person ever, he got better once you knew him. He was smart and when he'd comment on the conversation or whatever was happening around him, it made you smile.

As the game continued, you considered your options...
Confess? No... you didn't want to ruin your friendship with him or his relationship with Yamaguchi.

Suffer in silence and hope the feelings die? Looked like that was your best option...

Once again turning your attention to the game, you saw that it was match point for Karsuno. If they got this, you'd be free to go home and drown your feelings in a carton of ice cream.