18.) Hospitals

I hate hospitals. I always have. Well, really who likes hospitals? Nobody. The only good thing that can come out of hospitals are babies, but I highly doubted that my brother was in there right now giving birth.

So you can imagine my distaste when we had to push our way through a thick load of paparazzi before even getting to the door. And the loud thumping in my chest could be heard miles away because my whole body felt numb as I was trembling in paranoid fear.

All Libby and Brendon- who was riding in the passenger seat- could tell us was that Jackson and Ryder were in an accident and they’re both in the hospital. Ryder is going into surgery for something on his shoulder, but they won’t give out information about Jackson to anybody who’s not family. And that the paparazzi haven’t left them alone, I guess the accident happened this morning and it’s already over all the news stations.

“Move!” I screeched at one stubborn cameraman. Instead of asking the next one, I just elbowed him before he toppled to the side. I continued to elbow my way through the crowd viciously, probably leaving a few bruises on the unsuspecting cameramen, until I reached the door with Kale, Libby, and Brendon tagging along behind me as I ran, full force, through the to the waiting room where everybody that I knew was sitting with worried looks on their faces. “Where’s Jackson?” I demanded with a thick layer of sweat sticking to my forehead and tears brimming my eyes. Going through a ten minute car ride when you’re told your brother is in the hospital with unknown injuries doesn’t feel like ten minutes, it feels like ten years. Ten excruciatingly long years. My mind has been going crazy with possibilities of what could of happened to him.

Even with Kale and Brendon assuring me that they were sure that he was fine the whole way here, I wasn’t having any of it. He wouldn’t be in the hospital if he was okay. So I just sat in the car, silently gripping my arms with my eyes closed. Kale tried to hold my hand or touch my shoulder but I’d flinch away. I had to know that Jackson was okay. He’s really all I have. Sure, I have Kale and all my friends, but they can leave. At any second, they can pick up and decide that they don’t want to be in my life anymore, but not Jackson. He’s stuck with me and he has to be alright.

“They won’t tell us anything.” Elle croaked. The scene was really devastating in the waiting room. All the girls- Emily, Elle, Andy, and Jenna- were all sitting down with teary, worried eyes while the guys were sitting around them, trying to comfort them as much as possible, but I could see the worry in their eyes too. That worry made me sick. Why would they be worried? Jackson was okay. He had to be okay.

They weren’t telling these guys anything, but I was Holly Thorne and I was going to get answers.

My eyes locked on a nurse passing by so I ran up to her, causing her to jump back a little from my immediate presence. “Jackson Thorne.” I said. “Where is he?”

I think she rolled her eyes, making me want to punch her in the throat, before she started speaking. “How did you get through security? Fans aren’t allowed-“

“I’m his sister, dammit!” I screamed at the ignorant nurse with white hot tears running down my face. I was in full out panic mode now and not even Kale’s warm touch could help me. I needed Jackson and I needed him to be okay. “Take me to him or I swear to the sugar bacon gods I’ll knock down every damn door in this hospital until I find him.”

She sighed and fear began to lace through her features. “Room 156. Only two visitors at a time.”

I was gone by the time she fed me the room number and I was flying down the hallway. I think some people were following behind me, but I didn’t care. I almost ran into a lady pushing a wheelchair, but I didn’t care. Jackson was the only thing on my mind.