Xiao

11/10 

     Light again. The fuck does light want with him? It had already bothered him earlier today. Xiao didn't want it.

    "Xiao! Xiao! Do you hear me? Xiao!" Hm? Aether. Oh. Aether was calling him. Okay.

     "mm I'm okay," he grunted, eyes still squinted. The atmosphere here felt different, but the world was still too bright for Xiao to feel compelled to open his eyes completely and figure out where he was. 

    "Xiao! Are you okay? How are you feeling?" 

    Warm hands, an inaudible murmur. "He'll be okay."  An ambiguous sigh. The warm hands lifted from his chest, leaving it cold in their absence. Xiao heard the slight crack of moving joints and the familiar rustle and clink of assorted keychains. 

    Venti.

    A couple moments later, the cafe's chime sounded as the door opened and fell shut again.

                                                 ¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

    "Xiao are you okay??"  Reluctantly, he opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was Aether's face, full of pronounced worry. 

   "Yes yes I'm fine," Xiao muttered groggily, sitting up. Wait- had he been laying down? His pupils darted back and forth, viewing the room and trying to connect the dots. 

     "You just... collapsed. Is everything ok?"  

       He nodded, vision settling on the round oak table everyone had been sitting at what seemed like just a minute ago. Out of nowhere, ice cold shockwaves ran up his bare palms pressed against the cafe tile, causing Xiao to release a shiver and Aether's brows to knit even closer together. "Here, sit up... what happened?" His steady hands drifted to Xiao's back while guiding him up on the cushioned bench. Xiao was aware of bystanders still watching. Although many had went back to their tables, there were still a couple there. He let out a sigh. "I don't want to be here."

     "Alright."

    "Sorry. I'll tell you some other time," he amended, attempting to counter any unintentional rudeness in his previous words. 

   "No problem."  Aether stood up, holding out his hand to support Xiao. With a grunt, he stood up next to Aether. "It's best we get going."