When a rumor is spread about you

ੈ♡
↳ with you being a middle class person who hangs out with greasers, the area is small and bound to talk which means rumors get spread about you, dating someone else, somehow. What happens when the your greaser s/o finds out about this false information? pt. 1: darry. (each character is a different rumor so please keep reading on!)

Darry: he came up to you one day, he looked slightly sad, but his facial expressions were no more different than usual, so it was hard for you to tell if something had been wrong. He blatantly asked you if the rumor about you cheating on him was true, in which you immediately turned down, shocked at his bold remark. "what? i'm in your arms from the moment you wake up to the second you get off from work! i know people talk but believing something like that after years of being together?"

he never did have much of a "filter" with what he said to people, but you figured that'd be different considering you're his s/o. He sighed, looking into your eyes, he automatically felt bad for asking something like that, but also knew that if this WAS true, then at least his concern was valid.

but he didn't believe the rumors of course. He pulled you into a hug, holding the back of your head softly with his palm and smiled. "Sorry. I was just curious.. and beginnin' to overthink. i know, it's stupid." you both chuckled as you shook your head at his statement.

"I guess you could say i had a Ponyboy moment there. not usin' my head. I know you'd come to me if such things were happening, but you're not that type of person. I love you, okay?" he smiled at you, softly rubbing the back of your head. his hand was warm, probably from the nervousness as he wasn't really used to confronting you. but it made you smile.

"i'm glad we figured this all out, but.. where in the world did you hear something like this from?" you asked, receiving only a half shrug from him.

"guess i just heard it from a small group at my work. said they saw you gettin' cozy with another guy at your job."

you groaned and plopped onto the chair inside the living room. "not getting cozy at all, trust me. it's just some weird soc who keeps pestering me with touching my arm or winking at me, yknow, the creepy flirts they like to do. it's not like i can yell and tell him to leave or i'll call the cops. you know the most they'd do is tell him to stop." you scoffed, thinking about his stupid face. (slay)

"well shoot. if you woulda called me, i'd make sure to do more than tell him to stop" Darry sat down next to you, pulling you closer into his arms as you giggled.

"no thanks, i dont need to start a rumble in my workplace. the amount of trouble i'd get in... i'll just do my best to avoid him. if that doesn't work, he's all yours. right after i quit." you smiled, but you were definitely serious. you were underpayed anyways.

"sounds good, dear" he kisses your forehead and reached for the remote to turn on whatever movie was on, so you could both spend the rest of the afternoon in comfort.

ੈ♡
wooooo it only took like a year for this new update but i did it, praise me 🎉