Like Santa! (Stucky)

Another update for ya'll :)) (reader is about 6 yo)

It was a beautiful snowy Christmas Eve, and both Steve and Bucky have wanted to adopt a child for a long time, so Steve figured, why not adopt a child on Christmas eve? It'll be like a present to themselves, and a present for the child too.

"What if the kid doesn't like me Steve?"

Bucky asked as they get closer to the orphanage.

"Don't worry Bucky, you'll do just fine, and the kid's gonna like you"

Steve said, leaning close to plant a kiss on his lover's cheek, making him smile.

Arrival at the orphanage, both men took a deep breath before linking their hands, trying to not get too excited over what's to come.

They were lead into an office and greeted by a woman with a calm smile,

"Good afternoon gentlemen, please have a seat"

And they did as they were told, Bucky's leg started to bounce as his nerves get the best of him, Steve saw this andplaced a hand on his thigh, giving him a small smile, which seemed to calm him down a bit.

"Mr. Steve Barnes-Rogers and Mr. James Barnes-Rogers is it? Well it's a pleasure to be in your acquaintance gentlemen, my name is Diana Prince, and I will be the one to assist you on this day." (a/n: dc crossover? teehee)

The elegant lady stood up and lead them out of the small office. They were brought to the second floor where all the kids are. Smiles came to their lips when they saw all the kids there gathered up and waiting for them.

"Okay children, do you know who these are?"

"CAPTAIN AMERICA AND WHITE WOLF!"

All the kids cheered, making both men's hearts increase by 3 sizes.

"They're all very big fans of the avengers"

Diana said, and then she let them talk with the kids.

Steve and Bucky went around and gave everyone autographs and talked to everyone (Bucky being awkward), all these kids are very sweet.

But there was this one kid that who was hiding behind Diana the whole time, she had (y/h/l)(y/h/c), and her eyes are a beautiful shade of (e/c).

Bucky noticed the small figure clinging onto Diana's legs, he tapped on Steve's shoulder, his head gesturing to the little girl. Steve immediately noticed and the both of them approached the small child. To which she hid her face immediately behind the older woman's legs.

Both soldiers chuckled at this, gently crouching down to he level to greet her.

"Hello sweetheart, what's your name?"

Steve asked with a gentle smile, while Bucky was stiff and awkward beside him, not knowing what to say or do.
The little girl looked up at Diana, who placed a hand on her shoulder as an encouragement for her to talk.

"I'm (y/n)"

The little voice spoke,

"Alright (y/n), would you like to place with us for a while? Or would you prefer to stay with Diana?"

(y/n) once again looked up at Diana, who just shrugged, signaling to her that it was her choice, but all in all she knew that the little girl is just as big of a fan of the avengers as the rest of the kid, she's just scared at first, that's all.

Slowly, she slipped out of her hiding place and took little steps towards the two adult men, Bucky felt this sense of warmth spread through his body when the little girl shyly gave him a smile, and unbeknownst to himself, he had smiled back at her in return.