31. 𝕸𝖞 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊

31 - Off the table ᴀ

31 - Off the table ᴀ. ɢʀᴀɴᴅᴇ

"Your hair!"

"I know it's so cute!"

You, Tohru, Yuki, and Haru were visiting Isuzu at Master Kazuma's house. She got a haircut and it's now to her shoulders. You liked her long hair better but she looks good with anything.

"It must be nice having your friends visit, Isuzu." Kazuma comes into the room with some food in his hands.

"Friends...?" You and Tohru say at the same time looking up at Isuzu, A big smile on your face.

She grabs both of the girls heads shaking them around. The girls walk outside to talk leaving the boys inside.

"Rin doesn't want y/n or Tohru to know what truly happened." Haru says.

"Where was Isuzu being held?" Kazuma asks.

"...The cat's place."

"I see."

- - - - - -

"Don't know for sure but I have the feeling Master is going to let Isuzu live with him." Kyo says.

"You have nothing to worry about! You're still number one in Master's heart!" Tohru yells.

"What- I'm not worried about that so quite saying weird stuff. I think it's better anyways. Someone with him he won't get lonely."

You come down stairs walking into the kitchen to get some water. "The anniversary of my dad's death is this week, so I'll be out."

"Can I come with you? I'd love to pay my respects." Tohru asked.

"Of course." You smiled.

- - - - - - -

"The curse will break eventual." You overheard. "We are invited to the final banquet." It was Shigure talking. He was talking to Isuzu.

"What do you mean eventual? How long is that? When will it happen? Years? Decades? It has to be broken by next spring or..." The one thing you hated talking about. Just thinking about it made you want to cry. "Shigure, you knew the curse would break?"

"You're giving me too much credit. I didn't know anything, I simply had a feeling. This is the first time all the zodiacs have been alive at once. So I came up with my own little theory. Take a look at Kureno, his curse broke without even trying."

"What? So you mean-" Isuzu started but got cut off.

"Do you need me to spell it out? Kureno isn't one of us anymore. His thinking lines with mine. Even so, Kyo will still be locked up. Yes y/n we know, everyone does. We won't do or say anything. He won't get help from us."

"...Why not?"

"That's his purpose." Shigure gets up and starts walking towards you. "Us zodiacs are monsters. So we are thankful there is someone more monstrous than us. When we see the cat we think 'Thank god I'm not like him.'  You may not have realized but Kyo-''

"Stop." You told him looking down, tears rolling down your checks. You leave without saying another word.

- - - - - - -

You were walking home from the talk with Shigure, still upset at the things he said. You've lived with him for a year plus and have known Kyo long so how could he say such things? How could he live with someone while thinking that stuff. It just didn't sit right with you.

You now knew you had to break the curse. There wasn't a choice anymore. You knew next spring was going to come fast.

"Y/n?"

You turn around to see Kyo. His eyes widen as he sees how upset you are, how you were still crying. You seeing him now didn't help. You run over to him putting your head on his chest. He wraps his arms around your waist, pulling you closer.

"It's ok, I got you."