La Grande Illusion

~Thicker than blood. More precious than oil. Riverdale's big business is maple syrup.

Since the towns founding, one family has controlled it's lucrative syrup trade, The Blossoms. They were part of the fabric of our very lives...

Rich or poor, old or young, we consumed Blossom syrup by the bucket. That sickly sweet smell was inescapable.

The death of Jason Blossom precipitated a crisis. With the heir apparent gone, who would inherit the family business one day?

Certainly not Cheryl.

It was a question that brought the wolves to Riverdale. And now, the Blossoms were circling the wagons against possible attack, from within their own ranks.~

I walk into the student lounge after talking to Cheryl, overhearing my friends conversation

I walk into the student lounge after talking to Cheryl, overhearing my friends conversation. They hadn't noticed me yet, so I just stand off to the side till I make my entrance.

"Archie was just telling us how he's going to some super-exclusive music program this summer." Kevin says.

"Maybe." Archie corrects. "If it happens, though, it would be huge for me."

"Do you have to audition for it?" Jug asks.

"Well, not exactly. Mrs.Blossom came by earlier and said she's put a good word in for me."

"Amazing."
"Terrifying." Kev and Veronica say together.

"Uh-huh. What's she getting out of it?" Jug asks, getting suspicious.

"Oh nothing." They all turn to me as I walk forward. "Just Archie being Cheryl's date to their annual Tree-tapping." I smirk. Archie gives me a look. "What? She told me." I cross my arms and plop down besides Veronica, popping a piece of pineapple into my mouth.

"I already talked to Valerie, and she's cool with it." Archie clarifies.

"Cool with you being a gigolo now?" I snort at Jugs question.

"I'm doing someone a favor for my music, Jughead. I need to make connection outside of Riverdale."

"That's the way of the world." Veronica aggress. "It's all about connections. But Jughead's right. These kinds of favors always come with a price tag."

"Ha." I chuckle as I take another piece of pineapple.

Veronica looks at Betty. "Betty, back me up here."

"I think it's a great idea." Betty tells him.

"Thank you, Betty."

"Yeah, and while you're there, would you talk to Polly for me? I just want to make sure she's okay."

"Definitely." Arch tells her.

"Thank you."

Arch looks back at Veronica. "And don't worry, Ronnie, I can take care of myself."