Body Double

~Guilt, innocence. Good, evil. Life, death. As the shadows around Riverdale deepened, the lines that separated these polar opposites blurred and distorted. "I'm guilty," Cheryl said in Biology class. But of what?~

It was the end of class and I walked out just in time to see Cheryl get dragged out of Weatherbee's office by her parents.

"Okay, spill." Kahlil came up beside me. "Why was Cheryl dragged into Weatherbee's office and now being dragged away by her parents?"

"She said she was guilty." I told him.

His eye's widen. "You don't think-"

"No. She wouldn't kill her own twin." I say. "I mean, her twin is her other half. I should know. Either way, she knows something. And for some reason, I want to find out what."

---------------

It was the next day and Veronica, Archie, Kevin, Betty and I were in the student lounge

It was the next day and Veronica, Archie, Kevin, Betty and I were in the student lounge. I sat next to Kevin on the couch fiddling with my camera while Archie told us about his confession to Sheriff Keller and Weatherbee.

"So, are you a suspect now?" asked Veronica.

"My dad says we all are, including me." Kevin says.

"Not me, girl. I don't know these people."

"I wish I didn't know these people." I chuckled as Kevin shoved me.

"Guys, should we maybe re-binge Making a Murderer on Netflix tonight?"

"Sorry. Can't. Gotta stay late to work on the paper." Betty says.

"Count me out, too. I've got a date tonight." I look up at Veronica, eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Really?" I ask. "Wow. With who?"

"Hey, Vee-Lo." I look over a Chuck Clayton who was by the door with other bulldogs. "I'll swing by the Pembrooke to pick you up at 8:00?"

"I'll be waiting."

"Cool." With that he left. My eyes were wide as I went back to messing with my camera.

"Chuck Clayton?"
"You're going on a date with Chuck?" Betty and Kevin asked at the same time.

"He's kind of a player"

"Correction Elizabeth." They all look at me. "He is a player. He is what's know as a man-whore." I look up from my camera and smile.

"Who cares? He's the hottest of hot, and he's the varsity football coach's son." Kevin gushes. "In Riverdale, that's like dating a Kennedy." I chuckle and roll my eyes.

---------------

I was at my locker switching books when I got a text from Kahlil.

Kahlilly:
You wanted to get involved, here's your chance
Meet Betty and I in the Blue And Gold office