Daffodil Field

Francois and I land in a field of  daffodils.
"Why did you do that? You had no right to meddle in my life." I yank my arm out of his grip.
"I thought you wanted to meet your family. Ask them all the questions you have deep down. Like why did they abandon you?"
I turn my back on him and walk through the daffodils.
"You are going the wrong way. The house with all the answers is east not west." Francois shouts after me.
I run my hand through the flowers thinking back at the time when Mom took me on a picnic. I was about 8 years old when Stefanie and I begged our moms to go on a picnic. One sunny Saturday afternoon aunt Elena, Mom, Stefanie and I packed up and went to a quite meadow full of daffodils. Stefanie and I ran around the field as daffodils ticked our legs.
I feel a wet tear slide down my face. I ruined everything just by trying to find a women who didn't even want to be my mom in the first place. I can never go back to the Mikaelson compound, I'm too ashamed.
"Hello?? Did you hear me? You're going the wrong way." Francois shakes me from my thoughts.
I look up into his ice cold blue eyes. With Francois you can never tell how old he is. He is wearing black jeans and a white t-shirt with his sandy blonde curls cuffed nicely on his head. From the looks of it he looks like a regular mid-20 year old but his dialect and choice of words makes him sound from another era.  I look at him a little longer ageless body yet old soul...
"You're a heretic aren't you? That's why you want to dominate the vampires. Some vampire turned you into a beast and you want revenge." As I utter these words Francois narrows his eyes at me.
We stand here in silence as a wind blows, the daffodils tickle my legs once more. I swallow a sob.
"Fine don't tell me what you are. But you have to tell me what you want from me? Why does it matter to you if I find my birth parents or not?"
Francois looks at me once more before taking a seat on the ground. He pats the ground next to him, "If you want answers, you need to sit down."
I look to my left and to my right. There is nothing but daffodils for miles. I sigh as I take a seat next to him.
"The year was 1776 in Paris, France. I met a girl called Eloise, hair like the sun, eyes like the sea and skin like snow. I was a rug rat from the street no family, no home, nothing but these weird things that kept happening around me. Eloise helped me control my powers as she knew many witches, however she was a vampire. She was in Paris to get back what was hers, a family heirloom a Count's family stole from her grandfather when he threw them on the streets over 60 years ago. Her promise was that if I helped her she would turn me into one of them so we can live together forever as a family. I did what she asked and she granted me my wish, however one night Eloise and the amulet were gone. I have never seen her since. Many years later I tracked down my family through the help of others witches. What I found was that my parents didn't voluntarily abandon me the King got wind that witches lived among them and started hunting them. They left me at an orphanage door step to keep me safe." The whole time Francois never took his gaze off the setting sun.
A small piece of my heart begins to melt for this cruel heretic who unlike me had to venge for himself when he's family left him at a door step.
"I'm still not following how I help in all this?"
"There has never been four witches born at the same time that can channel the four elements, until now. Together they are a force to be reckon with, not even the Mikaelson's would be able to stop them. I want the witches to be the most powerful supernatural beings in the world so no vampire can ever take advantage of them again. Plus these four witches most all come from the same line of female witches. Which means your mother is alive Luna. Help me help you, ma belle."
Now it's my turn to look at the sky with its golden hue.
"I'll help you on one condition the Mikaelson's are off limits. You and your followers do not touch them, ever." I stare Francois in the eye.
"But the Mikaelson's are not your fam.."
"The Mikaelson's will always be my family." I cut him off. "So do we have a deal." I stand up from my spot and wipe my jeans from grass.
Francois stays on the ground. I'm not moving from my decision, standing in this field of daffodils I realize how much of a mistake I made. I can't get my parents hurt faces out of my mind. If they don't want me back I understand, but now its my turn to protect them after they protected me my whole life.
"So?" I tap my foot on the ground.
"You have yourself a deal, ma belle." Francois gets up and shakes my hand.

After an hour walk in the daffodil field we stop in front of white Victorian house with a brown porch swing swaying in the wind.
"You remember what we talked about right?"Francois asks.
"Yup!"
Introduce myself, tell them I have been searching for them my whole life. Tell them how I have been raised by an amazing coven leader ie Francois and set up a meeting for them to meet him.
"au revoir! good luck ma belle. " Francois flashes out leaving me alone in front of a perfect house where a perfect family must live.
I take in a big breath. I cross the street, walk through an unlocked white fence and climb the three white wood steps to the door.
I take another big breath as I muster the courage to ring the doorbell.
Francois better be right about this or else I'll kill him myself.
The door opens to a middle age women with light blonde hair like mine and oval shaped eyes like mine.
"Hey can I help you?" the woman asks.
He's right. I'm in front of my birth mother.
"Luna is that you?" Ruby comes into view.