Chapter 4

A/N:
The image above is of Rilye Summers.

Ava's Pov

"It's been way too long, Babe!" Karen said as she busted through my wooden door.

"I saw you this morning, so stop exaggerating." I said while rolling my eyes at her.

Karen and I have been friends since the 9th grade. I remember the first day I met her. She had gotten her long dark brown hair stuck in her locker. Nobody was there to help the poor girl. I felt so bad that she was just standing there and she couldn't get her combination right so I went over and helped her out of her...situation.

We've never spent more than a couple of days apart and she's been there for me through everything, and when I say everything, I mean everything. When my parents died she literally never left my side for about a month and a half. She's the most honest and trustworthy person you'll probably ever meet in your lifetime, so you can say that I'm lucky to have a friend like her.

She was a bit taller than me but we were both the same age. She had perfect olive skin that brought out her deep brown eyes. Her long dark hair reached almost the small of her back and she had legs that went on for days. Honestly, when people looked at her, they think that she belonged on the runway. I was kind of envious of that in the beginning of our friendship but she was everything that I wasn't. She was persistent, tenacious and beautiful, inside and out. She had a personality to match. Her bubbly attitude and kindness was what really made me like her.

"Well it feels like forever. Now come over here and give me a hug." Taking a few steps I opened my arms to its longest length and wrapped them around her neck. "Now tell me how it went."

After she made herself comfortable on the couch I told her all about Marcus and our whole entire conversation. By the end of it she definitely had an opinion about him. "I'm pretty sure he's gay."

"What! Kare, of course he's not." I throw a pillow at her while she chuckled.

"Well, did you ask him? You'll never know until you ask. You're hot so, if he's not attracted to you it must be because he just not into girls." Oh gosh, she was serious.

"Thanks, I guess. But I'm not going to ask if he's gay or not. I just need to get him out of my head." It was weird. I couldn't stop thinking about him. I know it's crazy because I barely know the guy. Scratch that, I don't even know him, so I shouldn't be feeling this way. "Remember the last time..." I didn't have to finish my sentence because the look she gave me said that she knew exactly what I was talking about.

We sat in silence for a while then Karen jumped up and said, "Enough of this sad and depressing subject. Let's do something crazy."

"Everything with you is crazy." This girl was the life of the party and she's always getting me to try new and exciting things. That's one the reasons why I love her. My life is never gray when Karen's around.

"Hey, I love my wild side, and so do you. Now, go change out of your pajamas and put on something cute!" She said, clapping excitedly while I got up and laughed at her.

I went over to my bedroom and wandered into the walk-in closet. I chose some tight fitting black jeans, a lace top with sleeves that reached my elbows and some beige wedges. It was a bit chilly out so I decided to throw on my leather jacket and put my hair up in a messy bun and added some light makeup to my face. When I was pleased with my appearance, I walked out to meet Karen in the kitchen. I found her leaning against the counter munching on my chips.

"Whoa chika! You look hot!" She said, grinning and I smiled.

"Thanks..where are we going?" I asked while taking out a water bottle from the fridge.