Prologue

"Your fired" my boss said.

My heart sunk as he said those words.

"Jack no, you can't do this to me I need this job." I cried trying to plead with him.

"I'm sorry Ava. Your services aren't needed here anymore. I've found someone better." he informed me.

"What do you mean you found someone better? Im a waitress" I said.

"I found someone younger and prettier than you, your not bringing in costumers anymore." he said.

Ouch, I'm only twenty three.

"This isn't a strip club, you don't need a supermodel to bring in costumers. You're such a pig." I said trying my best to hide the shakiness in my voice.

He just chuckled a dark laugh.

Does he find my situation entertaining?

"Well you don't need to worry about me being a pig because your not working here anymore." he said with the largest smirk on his pudgy little face.

I tried my best not show the disappointment on my face, so I just scoffed and walked to the locker room to change out of the uniform.

Once I reached my locker I decided that I couldn't hold in my tears any longer and started to cry.

How would I pay for my apartment without a job?

I can't go back to New Jersey, I just can't. New York is where I belong.

'I wish my parents were still here' I thought.

I quickly changed and grabbed my belongings than left the restaurant where I have been working at since I was twenty-one. He can't just fire me.

I guess I wasn't paying attention to where I was going because the next thing I know I face planted on the floor.

"Great! My day is going so well." I slurred sarcastically.

"Are you okay dear?" A voice asked.

I looked up and saw a beautiful women. She looked about fifty but she could pass off as a forty year old.

I quickly got up and brushed myself off.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just having a really bad day." I said with a polite grin on my face.

"I'm sorry to hear that, but may I ask why?" she asked.

"Oh, I just got fired from my job that I've had for three years because I wasn't beautiful enough to bring in costumers" I said in disgust.

"That's insane your gorgeous dear." she complemented me.

I smiled when she said that. "Thank you." I said as I suddenly became shy.

"Well, now would you like a job?" She asked.

What?! Who is this woman?

"But you don't even know me." I said a little dumbfounded

"Well what's your name?" She asked

"Ava Marie Scott" I said

"Well Ava, thats a beautiful name and right now you're struggling and I would like to help you, just think about it. Here's my card and call me when you have a answer." She said and handed me a card than walked away.

I read the card and it said 'Angela Apalo'

Owner of Apalo incorporations.

Oh my god!

She's a billionaire.

____________________________________________

Hey everyone!
This is a book me and Gladiana glady Alisma are writing. I'm really exited for you to read it. Hope you guys enjoyed the prologue and I'll try to update as frequently as possible.

Share*vote*comment*