𝟮𝟬 | destiny has spoken.

THE FIRE TEMPLE sizzled with lava

THE FIRE TEMPLE sizzled with lava. ash and smoke swirled together, steams of it floating beneath the bounty. melanie leaned against the railing. she held her head in hands, watching as the lava crashed against the volcano's crater. the oozing lava threatened to spill out the main vent.

   "we've finally reached our destination," cole told her.

   she nodded. a low chuckle escaped her mouth. it wasn't quite hard to find the once tranquil fire temple. the sound of running footsteps grew loud from behind her. everyone gathered around the deck of bounty. they too watched the fire temple.

   "the volcano seems to be on the verge of eruption, guys. all recent indicators tell me that this place is becoming increasingly fragile. even the smallest rupture can make the whole thing go off," nya said through the speakers.

   "then we must not use our weapons," wu ordered.

   the four ninja sheathed their weapons, placing them away. kai held his sword in hand, refusing to put it away.

   "kai," nya reprimanded him.

   with a heavy sigh, kai put his sword away. "yeah, yeah. no fire sword. but only because i wouldn't want anything to prevent us from getting that fangblade."

   "or my son," garmadon added.

"there. the serpentine must be inside the inner core. from here on out, we travel by shadows," wu ordered.

"it's the only way i know how," garmadon mumbled.

   the group infiltrated the volcano. they snuck through the entrance and made their way to the base. there, the serpentine dug through pillars.

   "there's lloyd," jay whispered, pointing to the cage where the young garmadon was kept.

   the dark lord gasped. "son."

the diggers pythor had ordered finally stopped. he pushed passed the serpents. a shiny metal shone through the dirt, catching the anacondrai's eye.

he dug through the dirt covering the metal. he pulled out the fangblade from the dirt. "the third fangblade is ours!" the anacondrai shouted.

his serpentine followers cheered. through the blade's reflection he noticed the ninja behind him. "ninja? attack!" he ordered.

"light as a leaf. attack like there is no tomorrow."

   the blue ninja leaped from the stairs to a small platform. he knocked a hypnobrai down. a wave of lava blocked him from the next rock. he pointed his palms out, releasing a small gale wind as he landed.

   "ice!" zane shouted, creating a bridge of ice.

   kai glanced around. serpentine surrounded him in circle. left with no choice, he pulled out his sword.