𝟮𝟭 | everyone hates snakes.

RETURNING BACK from ninjago city, the ninja didn't find much on where pythor and his army had slithered off too

RETURNING BACK from ninjago city, the ninja didn't find much on where pythor and his army had slithered off too. they cornered an unsuspecting venomari. they did not receive the news they were looking for. pythor was ahead of them and already began searching for the last fangblade.

"the venomari's right. by the time we cast sail clear across the other side of ninjago, pythor will have already beat us to the last fangblade," nya said.

   "hey guys," lloyd spoke up. "all we have to do is just get one fangblade to stop him. what if we take back the other three? pythor wouldn't risk having them all on him. he's probably hidden them somewhere while he goes for the fourth."

   the four boys nodded in agreement. amongst each other they murmured regrets of not thinking of lloyd's idea beforehand. melanie refrained from adding any remarks. they were crunched for time.

"it won't be easy. pythor probably has his top guards protecting them," melanie said.

kai cracked his knuckles and chuckled. "ha, finally. i don't have to hold back."

   "even if you could steal the other three, you don't even know where they are," garmadon added.

   wu nodded. his brother was right. there had been no recent serpentine sightings. "how are they moving around?" he asked. "it's like they're ghosts."

   "or snakes! bridge, give me a sonar sweep of ninjago," nya ordered.

   "see, nothing. it's just like sensei said," kai said.

   "bridge, now give me a sonar sweep of ninjago but twenty feet below the surface."

   unlike last time, the computer displayed tunnels the serpentine had dug beneath the city of ninjago.

   the ninja gasped. "all the tombs have been interconnected."

   "to make one massive underground fortress."

   "and all this time, right under our noses."

   "or rather, feet."

   kai pointed to the main base. "there, that's the most protected area. the fangblades must be held there."

   "then what are we waiting for? nya set the course," wu ordered.

   "already on it. we'll be there by sunup," nya responded.

     MELANIE WATCHED as her uncle observed his pupils. wu tested each of the boys on how to defeat their serpent rivals using their greatest strengths.

   kai put on a blindfold and explained to his sensei how the hypnobrai's powers are useless if their opponent can fight without relying on their eyes. wu went on to ask jay what he would if he were to encounter a fangpyre. jay said that if a fangpyre can't bite through a person's skin then they can't turn someone into one of them.