Gods and Islanders

Their noses had been stuffed in those books for nearly two days.

And Mari wasn't sure if the information provided to Hellion from Belark would help. Belark had left Musa's four hours ago, taking the scribbled notes and books straight to wherever he was hiding. Jass was the one to place a hand on her arm as she watched Belark leave the small cabin in the thicket of trees.

The man had more compassion in his little finger then she did in her entire body. She felt terrible that she didn't have the time to get to know him better up until now. Maybe after all this was over. Then she could apologize for ruining all of their lives. 

April had contacted her just before she left the small cabin. She filled Jass in on what was to happen, how if they wanted, Belark and Jass would bring every one of those lost half Olympians off the boats and onto the island. She had no idea how many April had managed to dig up. There were other problems stacking up anyways. 

There had been new feeds popping up with suspicious activity within the Caribbean Sea. Smaller ships have circled the island here and there, some bigger boats approached. No one dared pull right up onto the shore. Not without the military teams that would follow any day. Mari knew an island just popping up in the middle of the ocean was going to draw attention. 

Too many things to do. But she couldn't think about the news broadcasts right now. 

She'd also found information in the other books... Books that sent Mari flying straight to the very peak of the tower of falls. She sat there wings tucked away under her skin, her mind whirling with all the things Clair has outlined for her in those books. 

Mari wondered how long her second had known. She wondered how her second thought she would believe all this. 

In the first text she'd unraveled, with Clair's scribblings in the margins, something was not quite right about Mari's existence. Not exactly earth shattering news but it snagged her interest anyways. Mari supposed with all that information, Clair unintentionally solved the riddle of the dome on the island.

The original protective barrier was cast upon the island by a goddess named Lissa. At the very start of the islands creation, Lissa and other Gods, including the three Fate's primordial father, staged a coo. The gods half human children were seen as monsters, demons by many of the older more powerful gods. They were labeled unworthy of living amongst the full bloods. Mardoon, the father to her mate and his brothers, eventually changed sides to believe much the same thing when his favourite wife died.

Mardoon, being the aggressive asshat he was, had already cursed his children. So adding to their torment seemed only right. Even if his children were full blooded god.

When the island of Olympus fell from the sky, the demi-god children fell as well. The children of 5 primordial blood lines and their human lovers were banished from the star scape that was the home of the gods. This was how the sectors were formed, the children creating the 4 elemental sectors and the guards. Now that Mari thought about it, there were 6 divisions of the island if you counted her mate and his brothers.

Since the three primordial children of Mardoon were full blooded, at the time it was considered a massive deal. Mardoon was punished for banishing his full blooded children. They were the only ones on the island at the time who shared no human blood like the rest of Olympus.

Which was why Clair thought Mari did not fit.

This had all been information Mari knew, except the information on Lissa. She'd read everything about her, about her magic, about her family tree, about her lover and his petty mistress. She half expected to trace Lissa's half blooded children back to some bloodline currently on the island, but Lissa never had any half human children. Her sister did however, her sister was the goddess who's children made up the air sector. In the book, Mari had stared at the two sisters, whos joint picture had been illustrated. One outlined in white massive wings, tucked high around her white hair. The other, Lissa, held wings too but not with beautiful feathers. Lissa's wings were like a bat, so large they could have consumed her sisters and as dark as Mari's scales.