A Single Call

-A date with someone? You are crazy, you know that I have to submit a lot of reports and the work takes all my time, even free time.

-Kamala I know, but believe me that this guy is different, I am 100% sure that you will like him, besides, life is not just about work!

- I don't know ...

-Well you're going to have to talk to him because I gave him your number

-WHAT?!

-Look, calm down, just let things flow, he's a good guy, but Kamala please don't google him.

-Hmmm yeah, okay I'm not going to google him (clearly she did google him)

-----

A few days passed, Kamala would go to her office in California and return home at around 9 at night, exhausted and wanting to sleep for a long time. She wanted to do that but she remembered the name "Douglas Emhoff" and her intrigue forced her to insert the name into google ... search.

-Wow (pass saliva) He really is handsome...

She entered his Facebook page and something happened inside her that made her want to meet that handsome lawyer ...

Kamala thought about that mysterious and handsome lawyer for a while. Could I like him? Should I try talking to him?

-Kamala, you already look like a teenager getting excited for a boy, you are 33!

.

.

Well, our 33-year-old teenager fell asleep thinking about Douglas Creig Emhoff ... And and she woke up thinking of the same name ... That Thursday Kamala wore a blue formal skirt, a matching blazer, and high black heels, dressed up with her indispensable pearls, grabbed her bag, and went to her office. Around 12 she returned to her apartment, they were supposed to start fixing her kitchen, but the contractors canceled and she had an hour off ... well until her mobile phone started to ring.

-Hello?

-Hi, you're Kamala Harris, right?

-Yes, who am I talking to?

-Douglas Emhoff

(Tickles in the stomach)

-Oh, yeah yeah Hello, h-how are you?

-I'm very good thanks, you know my friend gave me your number and I thought it would be a good idea to call you, are you busy?

-No, I just have lunchtime free, and of course, it's a good idea!

- (giggles) Well ehm hahaha you have a very pretty voice...

-Thank you, very nice of you Douglas, and tell me what do you do? (clearly, she already knows all his information, but she has to hide)

-Well, I'm a lawyer and you, everyone knows you! You are the attorney general!

-Yes! I love my job, I love helping people, fighting for what is right... I also studied law and I do not regret that decision at all.

-I love how you talk about your work with so much love and so much passion, incredible that one can be happy doing what one loves ... and with people that one loves ...

-You are right, but I don't know if you mean my love life, the truth is that I have focused a lot on work without thinking about that "topic", and I think that I did wrong there, sometimes I feel a little lonely and I would like to be with someone...

-It is totally the same, I feel that love is the most beautiful thing that exists

-You sound like an expert!

-Nooo! hahaha, I just don't know, I was inspired by talking to you, and no, no, not at all I don't want to impress you, or, well yes, I mean no.

- (cute laughs) haha I understood you perfectly, you know Douglas, my friend was right, we should see each other, don't you think?

-YES! I would love to, you are an incredible person and I am dying to meet you!

-----

These two lovebirds fell completely in love when they met, it was love at first sight, a love that would last for a long time despite adversity, but I'm not going to get ahead of the story, I need to tell you about a few nausea that Kamala had, is she sick or ...?

Guys, I'm new to Wattpad, I need ideas and feedback :)

With love, MPM