Part 2

A year after Douglas Emhoff and Kamala Harris were married in Santa Barbara, California, Kamala was in her office, as usual at 8 a.m. very punctual, she was still signing some papers when she suddenly felt an overwhelming urge to vomit, she had nausea from the night but she ignored that, "Maybe I got intoxicated with the food that Doug prepared" she did not want to say anything because she knew that her husband had tried so hard to surprise her with dinner, it was so cute that just to see how He cared for her and gave her a kiss holding her little cheeks with his hands that night...Those moments were the ones she loved and longed for every day when she was at work, she needed her Doug and not just one night, but all day...

Kamala took a jug of water that was on the desk and poured it into a small glass, drank some water, and returned to the papers, papers, and more papers, she continued her routine until around 8 at night when she wrote a text message to her husband "Honey, I'm coming home, kisses." As soon as she pressed the send button, she took the keys out of her bag and got into the car, it was a dark and lonely night, but Kamala preferred it that way since there was no traffic on the streets and she could get to her husband quickly.

("One nation under a groove" plays on the radio)

-One nation under a groove, getting 'down just for the funk of it, hmmmm ...

Her phone starts ringing and the name "Honey" appears on the screen, it rings for a while and Kamala doesn't realize it. She was singing her favorite song and at the same time, she was laughing and dancing with her free hand from the car's handlebar. When the song was over she realized she had three missed calls from Doug, she looked away from the road and called out to him,

-Hello, honey, all right?

-Yes, I just wanted to know if you have already eaten or want to have dinner with me.

-I'm starving! Of course, I want to have dinner with you and you know maybe we'll do something fun later...

-Oh Honey, whenever you want, you know that for you and only for you I am available 24 hours a day ...

While Doug was talking, Kamala felt nausea and the excruciating pain in her stomach again, she stops at a red light and closes her eyes to try to forget the pain, she opened them quickly when she heard a car approaching at full speed and the last thing she sees is a huge light in front of her eyes.

Boom

The phone was still on the call, Doug felt a chill and a shock when he heard a bang on the other side of the phone, he knew what that meant, he knew that sound, Kamala had crashed. He felt an indescribable fear, -Honey? !!! -Kamala do you hear me? -KAMALA !!! -HONEY, WHERE ARE YOU?

Doug immediately knew that if Kamala was not dead he was injured or unconscious, because it was not normal for her not to answer him, and even more so, listening to his voice of anguish and concern, he feared for his wife's life, he loved her so much that without her, the world would no longer make sense ...

He took the keys to his car and as fast as he could he went to his wife's office in downtown San Francisco, he did not have to travel even half of the way when in the middle of the highway he saw many people piled up, two cars police, ambulances with the red lights, which could only mean that something serious had happened, and he confirmed it when he saw the license plate of the grey car that had been destroyed, that was the car of Kamala.

Doug left his car and with the door open, he ran to where the accident had occurred, he pushed all the journalists and people until he reached the car, Kamala was not there, the car was empty, but there was blood.

-WHERE IS MY WIFE?

Desperate he asked all the officers who were in the place

-Are you related to the injured, sir?

-Kamala Harris, the owner o-f-f-f this gray car, is my wife, is she okay? Where is she? What happened?

-Sir, I'm going to need you to calm down, there was a crash caused by brake failure in that blue car, there are two injured, one is in critical condition and the other is stable, but I cannot tell you with certainty if your wife is the one that is stable or not.

-TELL ME WHERE THEY TAKEN HER!

-Sir, she is at Saint Francis Memorial Hospital.

Doug ran like crazy to his car and headed to the hospital, he couldn't stop thinking if his wife was still alive or not, they had a lot of life left together, they were young and had many plans, their love until now was flourishing ...

Luckily the hospital was less than five minutes away, he entered the emergency room, left his car unparked and with the keys inside, ran into the hospital, asked a nurse if he knew about the crash on the highway, and she gave him directions to get to the room where the injured were when he arrived at the place he saw a room closed by curtains, he took a deep breath when he heard a doctor say "Time of death 8:45 pm"

------

I am loving writing this, what will happen next ...? Who dies is Kamala or the other injured by the accident?Sorry for the spelling and grammar mistakes. I'm writing this fast;I receive suggestions and comments, are you liking the story?Ps: don't forget to follow me on Instagram @kamalaharris.hallWith Love: MPM