Part 2

CORDOVA BRIDGE - BORDER - MORNING

A HUGE FUCKING WALL. "YOU ARE NOW LEAVING THE UNITED STATES"says the sign mounted on top of it. Brown muted light pushesthrough the haze over the factories on the Mexican side.  

An agitated Logan in border traffic, talking on his phone ashe eyes the CAMERAS watching him:

LOGAN: Mr. Espiranza, yes, I know I saidJune, but I want the boat now. Yes.Why does that mean the price go up?(frustrated) Yes, I know you wanted seventy, butI am telling you I have 45 cashnow. Just bring it to port in Baja.

The seller HANGS UP. Logan sighs. Logan squints at the PennySaver on his seat, a listing for a Sunseeker circled when aCAR HORN blares. Logan inches forward moving past-- 

A semi pulling A LIVESTOCK TRAILER loaded with sad lookinghorses. EL RIO MEATS painted on the side.

A BORDER AGENT nods cheerfully at Logan, recognizing him.Waves him on. And that's when we see -- 

THE WOMAN FROM THE CEMETERY (GABRIELA) WATCHING HIM FROMBEHIND THE WHEEL OF HER FIAT. At a distance. She considersfollowing him, then swings her car around. 

CIUDAD JUAREZ - HIGHWAY 45 -- MORNING

Logan drives through littered Mexican streets. Cinderblockstructures pocked with bullet holes, metal shutters pulled.

He merges onto Highway 45, heading for the desert. 

ABANDONED SMELTING PLANT - DAY

A vista of dirt, bisected by train tracks and fence. Loganslows as he approaches A GATE. Beyond the gate, AN ABANDONEDSMELTING PLANT. Logan exits, pulls keys, unlocks the gate. 

A CART WITH A PROPANE TANK STOPS as the limo comes up theroad. Camera reveals the cart is pushed by A TALL MAN in awide hat, sunglasses and gloves. He wipes his ghost-palebrow. This is CALIBAN, an albino mutant in his 60's with morethan a passing resemblance to Edvard Munch's THE SCREAM.

SMELTING PLANT -- "KITCHEN" - DAY 

THE WINDOWS ARE PAPERED TO KEEP OUT SUNLIGHT. Caliban,glasses, hat and gloves off, prepares a tray of food as Loganenters. From somewhere, the sound of AN OLD MAN SHOUTING. 

CALIBAN: He's having a bad day.  

LOGAN: They're all bad days.  

Logan tosses Caliban the bag. He peers in. Logan crosses tofind something to eat.

CALIBAN: He needed these six hours ago.This is not enough, you know. It won't last through the week.

LOGAN: I'm working on it.

Caliban puts the bag of meds back in Logan's hand.  

CALIBAN: Your turn. 

Logan sighs and crosses toward a cabinet.

CALIBAN: You know, he told me last nighthe's communicating with someone.

Caliban follows. The old man's voice getting louder.  

LOGAN: He's not talking with anybody. 

CALIBAN: Don't be so sure. He had all thesedetails. I thought that tank wassupposed to provide some sort ofbarrier. It's got all these cracksin it. What good is that? 

LOGAN: Please stop. 

Moving down a corridor, Logan opens a cabinet beside ANEXTERIOR DOOR. Pulls out a box of SYRINGE KITS and restocksthe pills and a vial of liquid from the bag. Loads a syringe.