Part 3

ABANDONED SMELTING PLANT -- NIGHT

Logan pulls in. The trunk pops open and Logan walks around and grabs several bags from the back. Then slams it closed.

SMELTING PLANT -- KITCHEN -- NIGHT

As Caliban goes through all of the GROCERIES Logan has brought. Steaks. Ice Cream. Cereal. Bourbon.

CALIBAN: Tell me you didn't rob a bank

Logan tosses him a white paper bag. Caliban looks inside--it's stuffed full of meds.  

CALIBAN: So you did rob a bank.

LOGAN: I got a job that's gonna pay enough to change things. But I have to go away. For a week. 

Caliban takes this in, watches as Logan opens a Tequila Bottle and continue out the door.

ABANDONED SMELTING PLANT -- NIGHT

Caliban pokes his head out into the desert night, watching Logan heading toward Charles' tank.

SMELTING PLANT FUEL TANK -- MOMENTS LATER

Logan finishes giving Charles his pills, lays him down on his bed. Charles is a bit dazed. Logan's phone buzzes. He pops on his new eyeglasses, looks down at it. 

THE TEXT READS -- "Please hurry." 

CHARLES: I like those. They make you look younger. 

Logan types back, "On my way."Caliban arrives in the hatchway, watching. 

LOGAN: Charles. Listen. I gotta go for afew days. I got a long ride for some good money. When I get back,we're getting out of here, okay.Gonna drive down to Yelapa and get ourselves a boat. Live on the ocean.

CHARLES: And... you'll be safe there? From The people after you?

Logan meets Charles' eyes. He looks to Caliban in the door. 

LOGAN: Yeah. I'll be safe.

Charles looks up at him, pleased. Logan considers his old friend, then heads for the hatch, moving past Caliban. 

LIBERTY MOTEL ALLEY AND ROAD -- DAWN

Logan pulls into the lot. Everything peaceful and wet. A TV glows in the manager's office. Logan crosses to the door to Gabriella's room. He knocks.

LOGAN: Ready to go?  

But he gets no answer, his eyes finding the splintered wood around the door jamb. He pushes the door open...

INT. LIBERTY MOTEL ROOM - MORNING

The room has been trashed. Blood everywhere. The bed isempty. Gabriela is tied to a chair, eyes unblinking, faceblue, body riddled with bullets and cuts.

LOGAN: ...Fuck.  

Logan makes a sweep of the room. Then recalls -- 

The NIGHT STAND. Pries the side panel free. There, wedged in the gap-- A PHONE IN A PINK CASE. He takes it.  

Sees her last text was to him. "Please hurry..."He pockets the phone.

LIBERTY MOTEL - MORNING - RAIN

Logan closes the door behind him and steps into the rain,scanning the lot. No sign of the kids anywhere.

He looks down, noticing gouges on the concrete, slashes, burns and markings filling with rain and blood. Then he spots --