Part 9

FARMHOUSE - NIGHT

Quiet. A moment. As Logan and Will walk back up the road. Feeling good about what they've accomplished.

WILL: Wish I had you around all the time. (half joking) Sure you don't want to stay?

LOGAN: No, but I'll take a drink if you got one.

WILL: Kathryn doesn't like booze in the house.

LOGAN: (smiles)Maybe I got something in the truck.

FARMHOUSE -- SPARE BEDROOM -- NIGHT

Crickets buzz in the fields. A breeze blows. Charles lies awake, looking out at the crescent moon over the farm. His eyes travel downward to find-- Laura and (Y/N) asleep on a hooked rug.

Then: A FLOORBOARD CREAKS and Charles turns to see-- LOGAN, in the doorway, in silhouette. He looks at Laura and (Y/N) asleep on the floor, cuddling (Y/N) like he is life. He takes a step toward them.

CHARLES: ...Don't wake them yet. Let them have another hour.

Logan looks at Charles. Charles lays back on the pillow looking out the window at the farm. Something stirring him.

CHARLES: ...This was, without a doubt, the most splendid night I've had in a long time. ...but then...

As Logan takes another step toward Laura and (Y/N), Charles trembles. He does not look away from the window.

CHARLES:...I don't deserve it, do I?(then)...I did something... unspeakable.

Logan turns.

CHARLES: I remembered what happened in Westchester. This was not the first time I've hurt people. (pain fills his eyes) Until today, I didn't know. You wouldn't tell me. We just kept running from it. I'm done running.

Charles turns to Logan.

CHARLES:(almost funny) I think I finally understand you, Logan... (dead serious) ...the burden you carry...

Logan arrives at Charles bedside. Puts his hand on Charles 'shoulder. Charles cocks his head, perplexed, looking up at him in the shadows. Something is wrong.

CHARLES: Logan...

LOGAN PRESSES HIS FIST INTO CHARLES' CHEST.

Charles GASPS. Logan pulls his hand back and that's when we see his CLAWS ARE BLOODY.

On the floor, LAURA AND (Y/N) OPENS THEIR EYES.

Charles LOOKS UP FROM HIS WOUND, blood coming. He tries to reach a bedside light and succeeds as again-- THE CLAWSPLUNGE INTO HIS CHEST. IN THE LIGHT WE SEE -- THIS IS APERFECT DOUBLE OF LOGAN.

For simplicity's sake, let's call this creature BAD LOGAN.

He will also be referenced as "X-24", his model number. He is a younger, stronger, clone of The Wolverine. Feral, he moves in a slight crouch. He is not the absence of emotion but rather, the presence of it, most noticeably, rage.

LAURA FLIES AT BAD LOGAN, SHRIEKING, landing on his back, gouging his flesh. He spins, trying to shake her, swiping at his back with his blades. He stumbles across the room and slams his back on the wall, crushing her, plaster cracking.

(Y/N): (yelling) CHARLES, LAURA.

WHILE (Y/N) ATTACKS BAD LOGAN WITH RAGE making a lightning blade and stabbing BAD LOGAN in his chest and legs, BAD LOGAN stabs (Y/N) in his arm and punch's him in the face making him dazed and makes fire in his hands which extinguished quickly.

LAURA AND (Y/N) DROPS TO THE GROUND. Dazed.

NATE (O.S.): Hey!

NATE STANDS IN THE DOORWAY, a Louisville Slugger in his hand.