Part 6

I walked into my dad's office the next day, and he was no where to be found. I looked around everywhere. Even in the main office area, there was absolutely no one.

Nathan had already left, and I was stranded there with no sign of my dad.

The only thing I knew to do was sit down at his desk and wait for him to come back. I watched the clock tick one minute after the next. No sign of my dad, or any one else in the building.

My dad could be in a meeting, but the entire office? Something seems off.

All the sudden the plant doors flew open, startling me. From across the huge office room, my eyes locked with his.

Josh.

"Uh-" I stuttered. His enormous biceps bulged at his uniform shirt.

"Hi." Josh cockily grinned.

"Um, what's going on? Where is my dad and everyone?" I asked confused.

"Hmm." He mumbled, looking around the room at all the empty desks, the place where people are normally busy at work when I come in. I noticed Josh was slowly tiptoeing his way across the room. "Looks like it's just me and you."

I catiously spun the large, comfy office chair that belongs to my dad around - facing Josh's direction. I stood up slowly. "W-what are you talking about? Tell me where everyone is, Josh..." I asked suspiciously.

He grinned at me, titling his head. "Why are you so upset? Don't you want to be alone?" His blue eyes burned through mine.

At this point, Josh was now slowly creeping up on me. We were feet away from each other. I noticed my heart began to beat uncontrollably and I prayed that Josh couldn't tell how nervous I was.

"Uhm-" I stuttered with sweaty palms. "I... I -"

"I take that as a yes." He laughed to himself. I swallowed a lump in my throat.

Before I even knew what was happened, Josh was standing a foot in front of me, his eyes trailing down to my throbbing lips. Why were they throbbing? For him? For a kiss? No, I am just... dilusional. I have to be.

Josh leaned down to my ear, whispering, "Tell me, Makayla, why are you so nervous?"

"I- " I stuttered again, pathetically. I felt like an invalid. I couldn't even get a freaking word out.

All the sudden, Josh moved his face slowly, painfully slow, in front of mine - his heavy breath reaching out to mine.

"Just breath." He whispered encouragingly. His eyes met mine, and mine met his.

I sucked in a deep breath, but it didn't help much. It didn't help at all.

With Josh standing right in front of me, his lips inches from mine, I became a victim to the moment... a victim to him. And I fell under his spell. I was his in that moment.

And finally, his lips met mine, moving in sync with each others. I've never kissed a guy before, but as far as I know, this is as good as it gets.

His hands began to roam my body, squeezing my waist. My hands did the same, trailing up the back of his neck and head, forcing a moan out of him. I found his sweet spot.

All the sudden I gasped as his hands wrapped around my waist and he lifted me up on the desk, as I wrapped my legs around his waist.

His lips moved down to my neck, sucking at the most delicate spot. I opened my mouth to gasp, and all the sudden...

__________________________

"Makayla! Get up!"

"Ah!" I gasped in, sucking in a sharp breath and shooting straight up in the air.

My hands grabbed on to the sheets. The sheets? The sheets. It was a dream?

"Makayla, you are going to be late for school!" A voice trailed to my door, opening it and looking at me. "What are you doing? You are running late! Get up!" My mom yelled.

I sighed. My heart was still racing, as if the dream the real. I can't believe it was all a dream. It wasn't real. I don't know if I am relieved or disappointed...

My trembling hands, still shaky from the emotional and physical roller coaster of a dream, trailed up my chin to my throbbing lips, gently touching the place where I thought Josh's lips were... My eyes fluttered closed and I thought about one thing.

That dream.