Part 13

I woke up the next morning at 10:30, surprisingly late for me on a Saturday.

I looked out my window and it was raining. Perfect. Thunderstorms on Saturday mornings are the best.

All the sudden I felt my phone vibrate underneath the covers. It was Jeremy.

"Hey...I haven't stopped thinking about you." The text read.

Awh! Oh no. This isn't good. I didn't think he would actually think that kiss would lead to something.

I replied, "Hey Jeremy. I need to apologize for last night. I am not looking to be in a relationship right night and I shouldn't have kissed you. I am sorry."

I waited anxiously for a response. I really didn't want to hurt his feelings, his is a sweet guy.

All the sudden it buzzed. The text said, "Oh, okay. I understand. Let me know if you change your mind, and I'll be here. :)"

Aww! A smiley face? He couldn't be sweeter. I wish Josh was this willing to be with me.

Wait...um....I can't do this. I can't think about Josh now. It's over. He even said it. Between the age difference, my dad being his boss, and all that...it can't work. He ended it.

But I couldn't help but wonder, if I hadn't of mentioned my dad last night in the first place, what would've happened?

I had to though...I knew it couldn't work out with him working for my dad and being 9 years older than me.

I forced myself to stop thinking about him no matter how hard it was. I got up and threw on some sweats and a hoodie. I pulled my hair up in a messy bun with a few stray hairs hanging down in my face.

I walked down the stairs to the kitchen on small step at a time. I sat on the breakfast stools at the counter as my mom entered the room still in her pjs.

She wasn't a morning person at all. Her hair was a mess and she really didn't acknowledge my existence in the room until she had her coffee.

Once the coffee was in her, she finally said good morning. "Morning Makayla. How'd you sleep?"

I yawned. "Not good really...restless night."

"Well I'm sorry I don't have anything planned to do today, I know you're always happy to be home on my weekends..." She said.

"It's okay, I didn't want to go out anyway." I said and meant it. It was a gloomy day and I was still fighting hard to keep thoughts about Josh out of my head.

"Okay, if you need anything I'll be cleaning the bathroom..." She said as she exited the room.

I walked back upstairs and Nathan was in the bathroom hogging it up. Go figures. I wish I had my own bathroom.

I walked over to my window where was was a place to sit in the window seal. I leaned against the back and pulled my knees to my chest as I watched the rain fall.

After 10 minutes of watching droplet after droplet trickle down my window, I saw a vehicle driving unusually slow.

I watched as the truck moved closer and then I realized it looks similar to Josh's truck. As it pulled in front of my house, it stopped.

That is when I realized it was Josh's truck. I jumped out of the window frame and took out down the stairs. I reached the front door and my heart was pounding.

I flung the door open, but the truck was gone.

Why would he pull up to my house and then leave? Why was he here in the first place??

The Boss's Daughterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें