Jason

Even after he met some random annoying blond boy, Jason's day got even worse.

As he entered the train, Jason fixed his shirt collar that got scrunched up when he put his backpack on. He was still skeptical of the fact that his luggage boarded itself but he had no other choice then to walk down the train hallway since there was quite a crowd that still awaited to board the Hogwarts express.

Jason passed the filled compartments, he didn't have any friends yet but he hoped that he would meet some since Jason was a social person. Just as he thought that he would never find, at least, a half-empty compartment with some kids around his age, he stumbled upon one.

Inside there were three boys and a girl. One boy and the girl were deep in a conversation and Jason could only catch a few words such as fish... ka boom and feathers? The other two boys took out some kind of cards and seemed to talk about them.

Needless to say, Jason liked them immediately.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" Jason asked as he opened the compartment door.

One of the boys looked stunned at Jason's American accent but he still grinned, said something like "of course"  and pointed to an empty seat next to a girl, Jason smiled sheepishly and sat down on the pointed place.

"So, um, I'm Jason"

"Cool, I'm Leo" said the boy sitting opposite of Jason. He too, sounded American and Jason wondered about how extraordinary it was to meet another person of similar or same nationality. Leo had curly brown hair and impish features. Jason thought he looked like a Latino elf. He wore a white shirt with "hot stuff" written on it with a permanent marker, and brown trainers stained with who knows what. Jason had a weird feeling that he saw him somewhere before.

"I'm Ron!" a redheaded boy with freckles all over his face spoke up. Something that Jason assumed was a rat was sleeping in on Ron's leg, or at least Jason hoped that it was sleeping, he couldn't be sure if the rat was dead or not, but he didn't intend on bringing that up.

"I'm Harry Potter"

Jason looked at the boy next to Leo, he had dark hair, green eyes and he was scrawny and pale, he also had round glasses. Harry Potter and Ron stared at Jason, as if they were expecting some sort of reaction from him, but Jason just smiled and turned to the girl .

"Hi, I'm Hazel" she smiled kindly, her curly brown hair falling over her shoulders and golden eyes shining. She was already dressed in her school robes. She also seemed familiar, somehow.

"So do any of you know any magic?" Jason asked, hoping to start a conversation and make everything less awkward.

Ron grinned and took out his wand. He was just about to say something but the door of the compartment suddenly burst open, revealing a girl with rather large front teeth and frizzy brown hair that looked electrocuted.

"Has anyone seen a toad?" she asked, her eyes flickering at everyone in the compartment, a boy named Neville's lost it". She scoffed as everyone just shook their heads, but her eyes landed on Ron's wand.

"Oh, you're doing magic!" she exclaimed prompting herself next to Jason, opposite of Ron. "Let's see then".

Ron shifted in his seat uncomfortably but chanted: "Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" A spark shone out of his wand wand and struck the rat. Nothing else really happened.

The girl just looked at him "That's not a real spell, is it? Anyway, I learned a thing or two. Our school books are really fascinating." Why would anyone read the school before school started.

She pointed her wand at Harry and chanted " Oculus reparo!" and his crooked glasses somehow fixed. Jason had to admit he was impressed. They didn't even start school yeat and she could already do spells.

Then she gasped "Holy cricket, you're Harry Poter. I'm Hermione Granger... and you are?" She turned to the rest of us.

"I'm Jason Grace"

"Hazel Levesque"

"Leo Valdez"

She looked at them all and Jason had a feeling she was silently interrogating them. Finally she turned to Ron.

"Ron Weasly" he replied trough a mouthfull.

"Pleasure" she replied though she didn't seem impressed. "We'll be arriving soon, you should change into your robes"
She got up to leave but she turned to Ron "You have dirt on your nose, by the way. Did you know? It's right here." She pointed to a spot on her face. Ron started rubbing his nose.

"Well that was exciting" muttered Leo and Jason could only nod.

"Hey Ron, where's Percy?" Harry asked.

"Oh, well he said he went to the bathroom. He should be back by now. Maybe Fred and George got to him." Ron replied.

"Who's Percy?" Jason couldn't help but ask.

"Oh he's a friend of ours. He stayed at my house for the last month or so. Weirdly he's also American like the three of you."

And at that moment someone opened the door of the compartment. And a random blonde kid just stood there smirking with his two sidekicks behind him. He was already dressed in his robes.

"I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy. And these are Crabbe and Goyle. We heard something about Harry Potter being here so we decided to come and beriend him." He started talking to them and he also  said something about mudbloods and whatever. Jason couldn't really remember because he honesly didn't care about that sort of thing.

The boy was still talking and sneering when someone said "Could you move, please? I'd like to enter my compartment."