Hermione

Hermione was reading a book (surprise!) and she did not want to be bothered. She just finished writing her 5th potions essay of the year and she could use some relaxation.

Alas, her wish was not fulfilled because Ron Weasly and Harry Potter walked up to where she was sitting.

Hermione already knew why they were here.

"So, Hermione, we were wondering if you cou-" Ron started.

"No, Ronald, I will not be writimg your essay for you" replied Hermione without looking up.

"Oh come ooonnnnn. It's soo haaard and I might faaiil potions if you dont helpp." Ron whined.

Hermione looked at Ron and then at Harry. "What's your excuse?"

"Uhhh... Snape hates me?" Harry replied.

She looked at them both for a moment. "Okay fine." their faces lit up "But I won't write it for you I'll just help."

And thats how Hermione ended up helping two imbeciles for almost three hours. She was much behind her schedule and if she wanted to be the best in her year she had to be on time. Well one of the best in her year. Unless she managed to beat that Slytherin girl who had perfect scores in everything. And she was soo pretty. She probably didn't even know Hermione existed, but if she did Hermione hope she saw her as a rival because otherwise it would just be embarrassing.

Hermione sighed and looked at her schedule: double potions with Slytherins (just great), history of magic with Ravenclaws and double herbology with Hufflepuffs. She decided to get ready for bed and then plan out her day.

The next morning Hermione sat next to Jason and opposite of Hazel at breakfast. They were two of her fellow Gryffindoors and they seemed to be good friends. Hermione was very fond of them. They talked about how their history books probably weren't completely accurate and Hazel and Jason had very interesting opinions. Hermione really loved having interesting conversations with people. Just as she was about to say something, she was interrupted:

"Hermionee" it was Ron "Do you know any healing spells? I hit my head really bad." Ron and Harry were coming towards her. There were 10 minutes left of breakfast time. It was a funny story, really, of how the three of them became friends. Most people probably wouldn't belive it but it happened a month ago and it involved a troll, a suspicious proffessor and lying. Good times.

Ron sat next to her (miserably) and Harry next to Hazel. "Sorry Ron, I didn't get to that chapter yet." Hermione said with an apologetic look at Ron.

"I have something that might help." it was Hazel who spoke and she took out a small bottle with greenish liquid "This is a draught that helps with pain. My friend Annabeth helped me make one since our other friends keep somehow hurting themselves. Here give me your cup." She took a goblet which Ron filled with pumpkin juice, popped open the bottle and poured a bit inside. She gave it to Ron who looked at it suspiciously. Jason gave him a thumbs up and Ron downed it all. After a few moments he thanked Hazel because he already felt better.

Annabeth.

"So, Hazel" Hermione already felt like she was being nosy "by Annabeth you mean Annabeth Chase right? Isn't she a Slytherin?"

"Yeah, so?" Hazel looked confused.

"Oh, nothing really. Its just kind of weird because Slytherins and Gryffindoors usually tend to not like each other."

"Yeah, its not really in tradition" Ron spoke through a mouthful of food.

"Oh, no she's realllyyy nice actually! And this girl Piper too! Right Jason?" Hazel didn't seem offended by this topic and Jason just nodded in agreement. "I think that this whole resentment thing is stupid. It only puts people againts each other and its okay if you don't like someone, I just think it shouldn't be implied just by basic personality traits."

"Yeah, I agree. I mean look at us, we hang out with people from every house and we get along really well." Jason spoke up.

They weren't wrong. Hermione wanted to ask some teachers about why there was such a feud between the houses because history books probably didn't cover everything. She didn't have much time though so that had to wait.

This is how Hermione's day went:

Phase one: potions class.

They were making some potion for calming a stomach ache. Hermione really tried at potions but she had to admit she wasn't that good. She also wasn't good at flying brooms but that didn't matter.

She sat with Ron and Harry but Hazel and Jason went to sit with two Slytherin girls who Hermione reckognised as Annabeth and Piper. After a while Snape went up to their table and inspected their potions. It was mean but Hermione hoped Annabeth screwed something up. Snape examined Annabeth's potion and looked pleased. "Ten points to Slytherin. Well done Miss Chase." Annabeth looked happy and she high fived her friends. Hermione just limply mixed her potion.

Phase two: history of magic

Time for the class that everyone hated. Altough almost every Gryffindoor student was happy with it because they shared this class with Hermione and Ravenclaws so they didn't have to do to much.

Most people fell asleep but they were soon woken up because of a shriek. A boys hand and desk were on fire, but he was sleeping and the fire didn't seem to hurt him. Someone shouted "Aquamenti" so now the Ravenclaw and his things were dripping wet.

He woke up abruptly and looked around confused.

"Your desk was on fire" some random person said.

The boy looked at his sleeve and at the desk which were burned "Aw man, not again!"

Phase three: herbology class

Herbology was initially not hard. Sure most people weren't exactly good at it, but rather passable. It was hard to be miserable at it which is why Hermione was surprised when a Hufflepuff student did exactly the opposite of what he was supposed to.

They were practicing a spell which would being a dying plant back to a more lively state. It was a gentle movement and the incantation was easy aswel. Everyone was just doing their thing when they heard a splash and a yelp and naturally they turned towards the sound.

There were two Hufflepuff boys at a table: one of them was covered in smelly plant goo and the other was just staring and inching away.

Proffessor Sprout sighed and said "Zhang, take Jackson to the hospital wing. That stuff is poisonous. Granger, Potter go with them and make sure he gets there even if he faints."

Harry and Hermione shot Ron an apologetic look and followed instructions.

-

"This stuff is sooo disgusting." Percy groaned for the 6th time.

"We get it, Percy" a boy named Frank said "But its your fault. I told you you were doing it wrong."

"Well how was I supposed to know it was going to explode"

Frank just rolled his eyes.

"Uhhh hey guys this kind of burns... like a lot." Percy said

"Don't worry, we're almost there." this time it was Harry.

They entered the hospital wing. Madam Pomefry was leaning over a bed, bandaging a girls arm. Another girl was standing nexto to the bed and when she looked at them her face lit up. She walked up to them. The girl on the bed waved.

"Frank" she waved. It was Annabeth Chase. "And... Percy? What did you do now Seaweed Brain?" Percy started to speak but she cut him off "Actually, don't anwser that" she turned to Harry, Hermione and Frank "Hi to you aswel. What did he do?" her tone wasn't as warm as it was when she spoke to her... friends? Harry anwsered somenthing.

Hermione was still weirded out on how Hufflepuffs abd Slytherins could be such good friends.

Madam Pomefry walked up to Percy and led hi. to the bed next to the girl who Hermione realised was Piper McLean. She said something to Percy who was now cleaner. He had some burns on his face but otherwise he was fine.

Could they be friends with Hazel and Jason too? It was weird how so quickly they all befriended each other.

She had to talk to Harry and Ron about this.