The Parents

Your eyes started to twitch when you heard loud whispers and the moon light shining on you. "I can't understand how I didn't see that's why they wouldn't let me look for Y/n...I've lost them for good..."

"Severus we know you love Lily more, as long as that's true, Y/n and you wouldn't work."

"Narcissa still, what those Gryffindor's did to Severus was wrong. Imagine how different everything would be if he stepped in."

"Lucius! Seriously you two. Y/n is happy for once or have neither of you noticed. These past few years all Y/n has been doing is shutting everyone out for months. What Y/n needs is friends that support them not whatever jealous freaks you are!" You moved your legs trying to stretch but there was no room.

"I'm not jealous! Narcissa I could be beaten when I get home when the news of Y/n dating a random boy gets out!"

In a lower whisper Severus pitched in, "Shut it you two! Y/n is starting to wake up. Just forget about this stupid subject. We're almost there anyways." At that moment the train slowly stopped and it let out a loud screeching whistle. You sat up and acted sleepy as you stood and brought your trunk down. Remus was still sleeping so you took his trunk down first before tapping his shoulder to wake up.

"Remus, we're at the station." His eyes slowly opened then he quickly stood up and bumped into you and you fell onto Severus. You laid there for a moment then quickly fumbled up when you noticed Severus was staring at you, maybe blushing. "Oh sorry Sev. Sorry Remus, didn't think I'd scare you." You grabbed your trunk and Zem's cage before heading out.

"You didn't scare me, I just forgot where I was. Also you didn't have to bring my trunk down."

"After you helped me out on the train, it's the best I could do."

"You gave me a chocolate frog."

You raised an eyebrow, "Are you really going to argue over this now?" He smiled as he grabbed a cart and placed his trunk on it.

"You can put Zem and your trunk on, I'll push it."

You carefully stacked the trunks and put Zem on top before taking the cart and pushing it yourself, "Now then, where would your parents be?"

Remus started to push half of the cart and held your hand, "I usually meet my mom at the car, oh I really hope they read the second half of that article on you..."

"And if not you and I can tell them the truth." Remus stopped the cart next to a black car and a woman came out.

"Who's your friend Remus?" Remus pushed the cart towards the trunk and began to load the car.

"This is Y/n, my umm girl...boy..."

"I'm Remus's lover. I'm non-binary so it's hard to describe me as either a girlfriend or boyfriend." You stuck your hand out for her to shake and she hesitated but shook it.

"This must be new then, I'm his mother Hope Lupin. Just call me Hope sweetheart." She turned back to Remus, "Is Y/n staying with us? I mean I'm fine with it but we didn't get a letter."

"Sorry, it was last minute...we should get going, it looks like it might rain." Hope nodded then got into the driver's seat and you sat in the back with Remus.

After a slow and completely silent car ride you arrived at a cozy small house that reminded you of the house you grew up in except it was only one story. "Dinner's on the table, once you two bring your trunks in me and Lyall will already be eating." She turned off the car and went inside. You quickly got out and followed Remus to the trunk, grabbed your things, and went inside dropping everything off in his room.